The sigil we ALL grew up drawing

• 32 Replies

AirFlow

• View Profile
Re: The sigil we ALL grew up drawing
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 10:38:17 PM »
I can find numerous Stussy pieces with just a plain S on them, but not this one. Here is a rather fitting shirt  :P

I've had several friends in elementary school draw this over the years and I've never given it any thought until this post; I always took it for the Superman S and thought nothing more.

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 11:15:08 PM »
I googled it and Stussy came up, which sounds like Stasi and SS. Indoctrinating kids to be secret police? But there may be more benevolent ways of looking at it.

Now try and find a single piece of Stussy clothing with an s on it

If they take credit for it, but they aren't willing to have it on their product, the symbol must be some kind of double edged sword.

GiMPdad

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 11:42:17 PM »
I never knew how widely known this symbol is. How/why did/doesit keep staying alive?  14 lines also forming an S, since it's a sigil this could be anything but I can only imagine how charged up it has gotten all this time. 

My last name has 2 S in it and I would sign my homework using those symbols in place of the S back in the mid to late 90s 4-5th grade.

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 11:50:50 PM »
I never knew how widely known this symbol is. How/why did/doesit keep staying alive?  14 lines also forming an S, since it's a sigil this could be anything but I can only imagine how charged up it has gotten all this time. 

My last name has 2 S in it and I would sign my homework using those symbols in place of the S back in the mid to late 90s 4-5th grade.

You were keying into an energy signature the rest of us were as well.

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 12:41:43 AM »
I googled it and Stussy came up, which sounds like Stasi and SS. Indoctrinating kids to be secret police? But there may be more benevolent ways of looking at it.

Now try and find a single piece of Stussy clothing with an s on it

If they take credit for it, but they aren't willing to have it on their product, the symbol must be some kind of double edged sword.

Stussy doesnt claim it, uts just incorrectly identified that way.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 06:09:56 AM »
I have to say, I never drew this but I had many friends who did.

NRG, is this the correct origin of the S symbol?  Was it an ancient rune symbol used by the Nazi SS to mean victory?

Elder Futhark reconstructed name is *sowilo, ’sun’, Younger Futhark name is sól, ’sun’, Anglo-Saxon Futhorc name is sigel, ’sun’. Guido von List changed the name to mean ‘victory’ (Sieg in German). The sequence of runes Sig and Tyr in his version of the Futhark together constitute Sigtýr, one of Odin’s names 

http://www.vikingrune.com/2009/07/norse-runic-third-reich-symbols/

I got that hint from a discussion in these comments; a poster from Italy also claims it is from ancient runes but does tie it with the SS.

http://www.printmag.com/imprint/solve-the-mystery-of-the-pointy-s/
Not all who wander are lost....

DimensionsOfYou

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 06:49:11 AM »
14 lines. People report first drawing it when they were 14. My first memory of this symbol was in elementary school, aged around 9-12 I think, some black somali girl showed me, I think her big brother taught her.

1+4=5. 5 is the number of the feminine. 5 has receptive qualities. Osiris' body was chopped into 14 pieces by Set.

S for Set?

S has it's origin in the semitic/phonician letter shin, which looks like a 'W', pronounced like 'sh' in 'ship' - this got turned sideways by the greeks and turned into the letter sigma Σ, though sigma is pronounced like a standard 's', similar to the letter samekh.
Which coincidentally(or should I say synchronistically), is quite similar in how it looks as to how you make this damn 'stussy s' sigil. Three lines...
https://i.imgur.com/LJDbZOQ.png

S also looks like a sssssnake, snakes hiss.
Within Greek, the name of sigma was influenced by its association with the Greek word σίζω (earlier *sigj-) "to hiss".

montecristo777

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »
14 lines. People report first drawing it when they were 14. My first memory of this symbol was in elementary school, aged around 9-12 I think, some black somali girl showed me, I think her big brother taught her.

1+4=5. 5 is the number of the feminine. 5 has receptive qualities. Osiris' body was chopped into 14 pieces by Set.

S for Set?

S has it's origin in the semitic/phonician letter shin, which looks like a 'W', pronounced like 'sh' in 'ship' - this got turned sideways by the greeks and turned into the letter sigma Σ, though sigma is pronounced like a standard 's', similar to the letter samekh.
Which coincidentally(or should I say synchronistically), is quite similar in how it looks as to how you make this damn 'stussy s' sigil. Three lines...

Within Greek, the name of sigma was influenced by its association with the Greek word σίζω (earlier *sigj-) "to hiss".
Samekh, which also meant fish, is of uncertain origin.  It may have originally represented a tent peg or some kind of support.  It bears a strong resemblance to the Egyptian djed pillar seen in many sacred carvings.  The Greeks used it for xi (Ξ) and a simplified variation of it for chi (X).  The Romans kept only the variation as X.
http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/alphabet.html
The S letter itself looks like a serpent.. connection to chi.. the infinite energy that is there?
Shin, the tooth, may have originally represented a bow.  Although it was first pronounced sh, the Greeks used it sideways for sigma (Σ).  The Romans rounded it to make S.
These phony phonetics really do have us running circles....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:59:29 AM by montecristo777 »

DimensionsOfYou

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 07:05:04 AM »

S for Set?

Samekh, which also meant fish, is of uncertain origin.  It may have originally represented a tent peg or some kind of support.  It bears a strong resemblance to the Egyptian djed pillar seen in many sacred carvings.  The Greeks used it for xi (Ξ) and a simplified variation of it for chi (X).  The Romans kept only the variation as X.
The S letter itself looks like a serpent.. connection to chi.. the infinite energy that is there?
Shin, the tooth, may have originally represented a bow.  Although it was first pronounced sh, the Greeks used it sideways for sigma (Σ).  The Romans rounded it to make S.
14 and fish....

montecristo777

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 07:08:36 AM »

S for Set?

14 and fish....

oh snap.. i once saw this 14 and fish being referenced to some global initiative of his, but damn..
maritime admiralty law.. holy see, popes fish hat..
''Nun, the fish, was originally a snake or eel.  The Greeks used it for nu (N), and the Romans for N.''

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:19:07 AM by montecristo777 »

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »

S for Set?

14 and fish....

I've taught Martial Arts for nearly fifty years. I've known many elder live blade escrima practioners who have better looking hands than this. If you have firefox 'image zoom' boost the hand and wrist on the '14' side to 400%. His hands are covered in scars.A few are consistent with surgery (his joints are admitedly messed up) but these are not the hands of a man who has sat behind a desk his whole life. There are lots of random scars and the longitudal slash on the wrist is consistent with a knowledgeable suicide attemp, or a dangerous degree of intentional blood letting. Could be coincidence but...

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 03:17:41 PM »

S for Set?

14 and fish....

I've taught Martial Arts for nearly fifty years. I've known many elder live blade escrima practioners who have better looking hands than this. If you have firefox 'image zoom' boost the hand and wrist on the '14' side to 400%. His hands are covered in scars.A few are consistent with surgery (his joints are admitedly messed up) but these are not the hands of a man who has sat behind a desk his whole life. There are lots of random scars and the longitudal slash on the wrist is consistent with a knowledgeable suicide attemp, or a dangerous degree of intentional blood letting. Could be coincidence but...

In your opinion would they be consistent with butchering accidents from his time at the "pig farm"(long pig most likely)
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 03:38:01 PM »

S for Set?

14 and fish....

In your opinion would they be consistent with butchering accidents from his time at the "pig farm"(long pig most likely)
I'm not much for talk old friend. But our day is coming I pray.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 10:36:33 PM »

S for Set?

14 and fish....

I'm not much for talk old friend. But our day is coming I pray.

I think our wires got  crossed, but it is, THAT, I can assure you of.

By new years youll all be smiling.

Though more will be on the horizon.

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 11:07:57 PM »
Sorry for the miscommunication Nick. I've been doing this sort of research since the early seventies and nobody would listen. I'm all out of words. I've been a lurker on the net since the early days but I have never posted anywhere.Not even a like at youtube. When some rascal posted about googling 'Nrgiseternal' over at GLP I took the bait. Been lurking for a few months and had to step into the light. How could I not? I have seen too many talkers but no one who would help me step up. I'm not saying you are like that. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have high regard for you and your posters.
 I stumble with words sometimes, they are not my magic. But I have a place of power, of Certainty.
 Thank you for this forum a place by the fire. No crossed wires will stand between us.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:14:49 PM by Possibles »