• 117 Replies

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
Re: Truth in fiction
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »
I am sure @nrgiseternal is not the only Magic "player" on this board.😎

Return to Magic' s original plane - Dominaria- on April 20th.

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/982501978973536256?s=19

I'm the type of person that someone considered to be lucky but only in atypical ways. For example if I needed not to get caught doing something I most certainly would, but with my group of friends in school first started playing Magic I bought my first starter pack and got a car called a royal assassin, as well as something called a demonic tutor which sounded cool but I didn't understand the use of. My friend Rob at the time who is aptly named offered a trade of three avatars of Justice and a 5/5 dragon of some type, for the two aforementioned cards.

If only I knew then.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

DimensionsOfYou

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2018, 01:55:24 AM »
Elaborate
Bird feathers seem to have a cleansing/protective effect. Must be a reason native-americans medicine men and chieftains were so into them, also native latino shamans seems to use them a lot as well. In the olden days bird feather pens where common, the pen writes (s)words, the act of writing is a rite in and of itself, the spelling of spells. Bird feathers on the arrows of bows. You've also recommended the use of bird feathers, as writing utensils, as tools for auric cleansing, etc.

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2018, 01:22:50 PM »
Elaborate
Bird feathers seem to have a cleansing/protective effect. Must be a reason native-americans medicine men and chieftains were so into them, also native latino shamans seems to use them a lot as well. In the olden days bird feather pens where common, the pen writes (s)words, the act of writing is a rite in and of itself, the spelling of spells. Bird feathers on the arrows of bows. You've also recommended the use of bird feathers, as writing utensils, as tools for auric cleansing, etc.
A saying was that 'a woman wears earings to harken to the voice of her gods' meaning the ringed planets.
I always found feathers at the ears more endearing, but I don't know why.

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »

I'm the type of person that someone considered to be lucky but only in atypical ways. For example if I needed not to get caught doing something I most certainly would, but with my group of friends in school first started playing Magic I bought my first starter pack and got a car called a royal assassin, as well as something called a demonic tutor which sounded cool but I didn't understand the use of. My friend Rob at the time who is aptly named offered a trade of three avatars of Justice and a 5/5 dragon of some type, for the two aforementioned cards.

If only I knew then.

I would not judge someone for trading Justice for an assassin. 

Sometimes both are combined... but the victims are left fragmented.  It is easier for victims if Justice is played first. 
Not all who wander are lost....

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2018, 01:51:50 PM »

If only I knew then.

Sometimes both are combined... but the victims are left fragmented.  It is easier for victims if Justice is played first.

I was more bemoaning the monetary value of a 1st edition royal assassin and demonic tutor now..lol
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »

If only I knew then.

I was more bemoaning the monetary value of a 1st edition royal assassin and demonic tutor now..lol

🤣🤣🤣

I knew that was part of it.  😉

But the cards still would be in played with condition and they would not be worth as much as mint condition ones anyways. 

I had kept all my original Star Wars toys.  I gave them to my kids and they ended up breaking them.  It did help remind me that placing value on trinkets is useless, because it is just "stuff."  But I still was upset... I saved them all those years...  and there were a few that other people would pay good $$ for.  But would I have even sold them?

I bought my kids Little Einstein toys.  Apparently these are a rare commodity now, as Disney stopped making these toys and has said they will never make LE again.  The plastic Rocket, which we paid $30 for about 8 years ago, sells for $200+ now.    The stupid thing is haunted and plays music randomly at all times, even when no one is in the room.  (seems to be a common issue with Fisher-Price toys).  I don't morally feel right selling a used toy for that much more than we paid for it. Watching the prices for the toys skyrocketing gives me the feeling that there is more to the LE cartoon show than what it appears to be on the surface though.
Not all who wander are lost....

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »

If only I knew then.

Daranaho

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »
Elaborate

I know a guy who always has predatory bird feathers on his hunting rifles. He said it helps him see through the eyes of a predator and swoop in with a quick kill.

zelezny

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2018, 05:42:41 PM »
This book is interesting for several reasons and it uses William Blakes "Tyger Tyger!" lyric at the beginning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stars_My_Destination

States teleportation is possible for everyone with Tigroid Substance in nerve cells.
-(The main character) realizes the key to space-jaunting (teleportation) is faith: not the certainty of an answer, but the conviction that somewhere an answer exists-

https://libraryqtlpitkix.onion.link/library/Fiction/Alfred%20Bester%20-%20The%20Stars%20My%20Destination.pdf

Searching in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »
"google, lower case 'g' "

Either telling us something or they remember the alternate logo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_logo
That guy looks like TJ Miller, the comedian, that was arrested for a bomb threat.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tj+miller&t=hh&iax=images&ia=images

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2018, 12:36:57 AM »
"google, lower case 'g' "

Either telling us something or they remember the alternate logo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_logo
That guy looks like TJ Miller, the comedian, that was arrested for a bomb threat.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tj+miller&t=hh&iax=images&ia=images

Lol.. "looks like" indeed  ;D

zephyr

• Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.
    • View Profile

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2018, 12:32:50 PM »
Matrix walks...but half the tread
Matrix talks...but half the true

Sometime lies are thread in red.
And sometimes truth is clothed in blue.