Recurring Dreams from Childhood

• 12 Replies

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
Recurring Dreams from Childhood
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »
I thought that recurring dreams may hold keys to understanding. So I thought I would post one of mine and see what you make of it.

I am in my home town and it's night time. Although we are all happy and we live in a beautiful environment something ominous looms in the air. There are stars in the sky that we do not recognise. They weren't there before. Some are aware of this but some are still immersed in their enjoyment so they don't notice them, others are feeling fear and don't wish to acknowledge them. Nobody wants to talk to me about these new stars but I feel that ominous presence getting nearer.

Time passes and it's becoming increasingly obvious that the new stars are coming closer. Suddenly the first ships arrive. It's an invasion and they are upon us faster than we can deploy our ships. We are caught on the backfoot and we are being decimated.

In some dreams I run away to the mountains and watch the destruction from afar, in some dreams I run in blind panic through the streets trying to get  away from their troops and in some dreams I am a member of our defensive forces. In those dreams where I fight, what is most disturbing is that my own brother is sometimes my enemy. It's him in body but something inside him has been taken over and sometimes I kill him, sometimes I don't.

In the dreams where I escape some of us survive and we succeed in getting far away from the invasive forces, however they are still here and our surroundings is not what it was, the magic is somehow gone.

Has anyone else had such dreams?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:24:47 AM by Ar Go ap Dyn »

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
Re: Recurring Dreams from Childhood
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:11 AM »
Phrases that always echo in my mind after I had these dreams were:

"I remember when they came"
"I remember when they pitched brother against brother, sister against sister etc."
"I remember the beginning of the Great Forgetting"

I used to think these were dreams of some future, these days I'm not so sure...

I forgot to say, I've had vampire, zombie and snake versions of this dream too  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:23:53 AM by Ar Go ap Dyn »

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:00:38 AM »
Not New "stars" but old ones no one has seen for a long time.

Not snakes ,but set.

Not vampires, but Kali.

Not zombies , but Hel
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 02:18:41 AM »
Thank you! I will look into those figures.
I am familiar with the names but not the stories.

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:52:15 AM »
Are they different "avatars" (not sure if correct term) of the same "entity" (not sure if correct term) ?

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 03:10:56 AM »
Are they different "avatars" (not sure if correct term) of the same "entity" (not sure if correct term) ?

Aspects would be better than avatars, but yes, precisely.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 03:49:09 AM »
Thank you @nrgiseternal!

In the dreams I experienced the presence of those ancient ones as ominous, invasive and something that led to a loss of "magic".
In other dreams I have experienced such "people". First I can manifest my will, then some "dark" people appear and suddenly I can't fly or my magic wand no longer works etc. There is something "negating" about them.

You have mentioned in previous posts that you don't use the terms "good" or "bad".
I'm thinking how we might characterise.

Buddha divided between that which leads to suffering and that which leads to liberation from suffering.
Perhaps another dichotomy could be that which leads to truth and that which leads to delusion.

Would you view these as more "useful" concepts? Or going beyond such terms altogether would be preferable?

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 03:55:09 AM »
Just a thought...

Am I navigating through history or through my psyche?  ;D

Klickstir

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 03:59:37 AM »
Phrases that always echo in my mind after I had these dreams were:

"I remember when they came"
"I remember when they pitched brother against brother, sister against sister etc."
"I remember the beginning of the Great Forgetting"

I used to think these were dreams of some future, these days I'm not so sure...

I forgot to say, I've had vampire, zombie and snake versions of this dream too  :)

Yes.
Though I wouldn't call my interpretations of the same events dreams, dream like, but not dreams. 

Is there more?  Other related dreams?

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 04:25:41 AM »
Hi @Klickstir

Similarish dreams I have had I noted above. I think they are fairly widespread. Being able to fly and being able to think of something and then it appears. Then a similar presence enters the dreamscape and has a negating effect. The strongest associations I have with those dreams were great sadness. Sadness because in my practice of "magic" in those dreams I am doing it simply for the joy and beauty of it, so why piss on my parade?!  :D LOL

I'd like to tell you about another one though.

In this dream, I am alone on a beach. The vegetation around me is sparse and undeveloped, no complex plant forms. Similar to the landscape in the movie Prometheus. As I walk along the beach, I know that I am the only human or animal there. At least the only one with intelligence. The tide is out and there are pools of water left behind. I look into these pools and in them I see myriad forms of early life. I somehow know that this time is the beginning of life, at least life in form. I am repelled and repulsed by these multitude of forms that I see in the pools. To me they are disgusting and abhorrent. I want to get away from them but I am being magnetically drawn into the pools. I jump out of one pool and walk on, but I am constantly drawn into other pools. Even though they don't attack me or respond to my presence, something about them is evoking terror in me.

In some version I have evaded the pools and moved away from the sea towards land. Inevitably in those dreams I will find myself surrounded by snakes.

Klickstir

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 04:00:14 PM »
Interesting. 
You're dream about the pools, I could swear I've heard this somewhere before.   

In my *dream mankind fought hard and lost in all timelines, until we made an agreement for a symbiotic relationship and or to provide loosh.  Magic was curtailed to conserve energy for other purposes.  And everyone was put in a hypnotic forgetfulness, blinded to the existence of the others because our fears make us dangerous to ourselves and everything else. 

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »
Just a thought...

Am I navigating through history or through my psyche?  ;D

The two are one and the same.

Ar Go ap Dyn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »
This is the last one and I would really appreciate some help with it; I suppose the others were building up to this.
For the record, I don't actually know whether it was a recurring dream or a recurring event.

I use to "wake up" in the dream and feel compelled to get out of bed and leave my room. All the lights were off and I would stand at the top of the stairs looking down into darkness. I would be petrified but had a sense that if I didn't go harm would befall my family. Each step down into the darkness would increase the sense of terror. I knew I had to go into the living room, I knew it would be complete blackness and I knew that I would be set upon by something I wouldn't be able to see. Once in the room, I would sense the entity and it felt "evil". It could read my mind and anything I intended to do it countered before the intent translated to action. Inevitably I would be incapacitated, unable to breathe, make a sound or move. Eventually I would retreat within. When I woke it was always the morning and never the night time. Also the other strange thing was that the dreamscape matched reality i.e. rooms were identical etc. In some versions, coins were placed on the stair to lure me down. We were poor so I was compelled to collect them for my family (Hansel and Gretzel?). I was under 7 when these dreams occurred.

If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry to bother you with it when you're doing important work on other fronts.