Random musings

• 352 Replies

sheepdog

• View Profile
Re: Random musings
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2018, 12:54:27 PM »
I was wondering where the phrase Tom Foolery came from?

A I would write it as one word, tomfoolery, and my ordered ranks of dictionaries tell me I’m right. But it often turns up in print in the way you have written it, or as Tom foolery or tom-foolery or Tom-foolery. Such forms show that their writers still link the word with some fool called Tom, even though they may not know who he was.

Tom Skelton
A portrait of Tom Skelton.
It is sometimes claimed that the original Tom Fool was Thomas Skelton. He was a jester, a fool, for the Pennington family at Muncaster Castle in Cumbria. This was probably about 1600 — he is said to be the model for the jester in Shakespeare’s King Lear of 1606. In legend, he was an unpleasant person. One story tells how he liked to sit under a tree by the road; whenever travellers he didn’t like asked the way to the ford over the River Esk, he would instead direct them to their deaths in the marshes. Another tale links him with the murder of a carpenter who was the lover of Sir William Pennington’s daughter.
So much for stories. In truth, Tom Fool is centuries older. He starts appearing in the historical record early in the 1300s in the Latinate form Thomas fatuus. The first part served even then as a generic term for any ordinary person, as it still does in phrases like Tom, Dick or Harry. The second word means stupid or foolish in Latin and has bequeathed us fatuous and infatuate, among other words. By 1356 Thomas fatuus had become Tom Fool.

Around the seventeenth century, the character of Tom Fool shifted somewhat from the epitome of a stupid or half-witted person to that of a fool or buffoon. He became a character who accompanied morris-dancers or formed part of the cast of various British mummers’ plays performed at Christmas, Easter or All Souls’ Day.

A tom-fool was more emphatically foolish than an unadorned fool. Tomfoolery was similarly worse than foolery, the state of acting foolishly, which had been in English since the sixteenth century. Perhaps oddly, it took until about 1800 for tomfoolery to appear. It had been preceded by the verb to tom-fool, to play the fool.
"Whereas most Masonic bodies are dedicated to charity, The Royal Order of Jesters is a fun "degree," with absolutely no serious intent. The motto, "Mirth is King,” is sufficient to give voice to the purpose of the organization. The Royal Order of Jesters feel that there are times, after our hard work and dedication to family and mankind, when everyone should remember to laugh and appreciate the good work one has done."[1] The icon of the Order is the Billiken.[2]

The order is very anti-publicity. For example, a website made by one of its members was removed after intervention of the National Court of the Order. The primary reason behind this was the desire of the Board to minimize the public exposure or public access to Jester information.[3]
The Billiken is a charm doll created by an American art teacher and illustrator, Florence Pretz of Kansas City, Missouri, who is said to have seen the mysterious figure in a dream. Billiken is known as "The God of Things As They Ought to Be." To buy a Billiken was said to give the purchaser luck, but to have one given would be better luck. Today, the Billiken is the official mascot of Saint Louis University and St. Louis University High School, both Jesuit institutions located in St. Louis. The Billiken is also the official mascot of the Royal Order of Jesters,[4] an invitation only Shriner group, affiliated with Freemasonry. The Billiken also became the namesake of Billiken Shokai, the Japanese toy & model manufacturing company (established 1976).

Blacks celebrate "Bud Billikin day " in the windy city lol and its a chimp out celebration  Polish Pres announces new law saying they will imprison anyone -implying they (Poles) were responsible for any Jewish  claims  of   harm to jews effectively thumbing their noses at the Israeli and US governments.Damn --Poles are tuff folks

Nachiketa

• In search of
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2018, 02:38:26 PM »
In 1884,  meridian time personnel met

in Washington to change Earth time.

First words said was that only 1 day

could be used on Earth to not change

the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1

day  and  ignored  the  other  3 days.

The bible time was wrong then and it

proved wrong today. This a major lie

has so much evil feed from it's wrong.

No man on Earth has no belly-button,

it proves every believer on Earth a liar.

http://timecube.2enp.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube

WildFlower

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 08, 2018, 01:54:13 AM »
The oddest thing happened the other day. I was in the kitchen making dinner with my husband and I left the room to go change clothes.  After i changed I sat on my bed flipping through a book. A few minutes later my husband came in the room completely pale. He said he had just seen me wearing a red dress walking into our daughter's room and bending down into her closet. I wonder what this means?
I AM

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 08, 2018, 02:00:13 AM »
The oddest thing happened the other day. I was in the kitchen making dinner with my husband and I left the room to go change clothes.  After i changed I sat on my bed flipping through a book. A few minutes later my husband came in the room completely pale. He said he had just seen me wearing a red dress walking into our daughter's room and bending down into her closet. I wonder what this means?

This is important. Did he see YOU or someone who resembled you at a glance?
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

DimensionsOfYou

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2018, 04:12:56 AM »
Fantasy and reality are lapped over each other.

WildFlower

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »

He said it was me and he said I was wearing my red dress which was actually in the laundry at the time
I AM

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »

He said it was me and he said I was wearing my red dress which was actually in the laundry at the time

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »

He's either a late developing precognitive or he is seeing into an alternate timeline
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

The Watchers

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2018, 09:01:17 PM »

He's either a late developing precognitive or he is seeing into an alternate timeline

Is that what that is?

One time I saw my dad wearing a red shit in a room I was passing by but then when I realized he was really in another
room and I went to go look back the version of him in a red shirt was gone.

I didn't figure that out but it would make sense if that is the case.
Then again, there have also been times where I searched the whole house for one of my family members and I literally could not find them
despite checking every room and then I see them come out of a room I already checked where there was no place to hide.
That has happened a few times to me already.

WildFlower

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2018, 04:07:23 AM »

Back in the day when we used to trip acid he could tell people's very recent past and future activities. Then he started drinking heavily for years. He doesn't drink often at all now.  Maybe the Spirits were dulling his abilities and they are coming back? Also he's heard my voice several times this week when I wasn't home.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:09:54 AM by WildFlower »
I AM

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »
Conspiracy

From the latin

Con=together/with
Spirare=breath

To conspire is to breathe with others

sheepdog

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Conspiracy

From the latin

Con=together/with
Spirare=breath

To conspire is to breathe with others
Chgo Catholic  Cardinal Cupich defending the Pope in UK paper "The Catholic Herald" today Sat 11 citing a doctrine "Amoris Laeticia" a double entendre joke?doesn't specify what kind of love this guy Cupich is so lberal a real ass hat wearer
the church is referring to

montecristo777

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 13, 2018, 06:33:42 AM »
does anyone here have any experience with monoatomic gold?

Throughout the ages White Powder of Gold has been known as The Philosopher's Stone, Star Fire, The Elixir Of Life, Ormus, Manna, and ORME, an acronym for “Orbitally Rearranged Monatomic Elements” coined in the 1980's by David Radius Hudson.

montecristo777

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 13, 2018, 10:45:41 AM »
doing the khufu breath 4 times in each direction as an addition to the banishing ritual. The last couple of times i did it, the body starts shaking, feeling the bones at the back moving into place, i cant keep on my feet and almost completely forget what i was thinking about before.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2018, 10:47:23 AM »
doing the khufu breath 4 times in each direction as an addition to the banishing ritual. The last couple of times i did it, the body starts shaking, feeling the bones at the back moving into place, i cant keep on my feet and almost completely forget what i was thinking about before.

Message me.

That may be due to your unsanctioned extra curriculars