W.B. Images

• 131 Replies

Greg

• View Profile
Re: W.B. Images
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 08:59:34 PM »
Interesting.

How did you come upon trying this out?

Some was by chance, but the nosleep story made reference to a "mental patient" in the British Countryside.... which led to research about Bethlam Lunatic Asylum..... Eventually William Blake came up having lived in Lambeth, London and often called a lunatic..... The "ominous glow" reference in the story led me to explore his "illuminated" works.

Turns out there's  a photo editor online called "lunapic.com". It took a couple weeks to figure out what to do.... people referenced page 88 in the old 4chan threads.... Then I read that page 8 was only included in 2 copies of the Book of Thel ....the rest were missing or weren't made. I read up on his method for making the copper plates and the paint that was used......and it finally came together. There's way more to this than the small things I found I think.....but it's a good start.

I started looking at this stuff with almost zero background.... but with the stuff you guys posted early on in the key thread and others, it came together. What an example of planting a seed by nrg starting that thread. It has truly been a team effort so far... I think we are just scratching the surface though!

Supersonic everything undestroyer said and more good work

Searching in TX

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »
Take any image, flip it upside down. Then do the same to an additional copy but mirror it first. Slide the 2 together in any position so they are symmetrical. I use an online photo editor, but Photoshop would give more options I imagine...

Have you tried Gimpshop @Supersonic ?  It should have all the features of photoshop, but free.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpshop.mirror/

Searching in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »
Another from "An Island in the Moon" - Miisa seeya Jar-Jar in daer?

I was going to say before I read your text "That's jar jar binks"

Supersonic

• We are the music makers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 09:13:37 PM »
Take any image, flip it upside down. Then do the same to an additional copy but mirror it first. Slide the 2 together in any position so they are symmetrical. I use an online photo editor, but Photoshop would give more options I imagine...

Have you tried Gimpshop @Supersonic ?  It should have all the features of photoshop, but free.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpshop.mirror/

I haven't tried that one yet. I've been using lunapic.com, but the 'blend images' feature is tricky. I'll give that one a try. Thank you!

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 09:31:25 PM »
Here's an example of how quickly the images change when moved just a fraction of an inch:

Dont forget the tiger

Reminds me of the magic eyes 3d pictures that were popular in the 90's

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 09:56:41 PM »
Tyger Tyger burning bright..... who's this guy?

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 10:50:07 PM »
Another one from Tyger...

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 12:56:16 AM »

Looks like a woman to me.

nrgiseternal

• All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 01:06:14 AM »
Who can frame thy fearful symmetry
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Searching in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 01:15:41 AM »

Or a man with a child in his lap.  Looks like the child has a pacifier.

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »

pacifier looks like a hexagon

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »

Looks like I've got more experimenting to do with Photo editing. We've only got 1/2 a frame at best here.....

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »

pacifier looks like a hexagon

I see the outstretched arms of Messiah.
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
frame (v.) Look up frame at Dictionary.com
Old English framian "to profit, be helpful, avail, benefit," from fram (adj., adv.) "active, vigorous, bold," originally "going forward," from fram (prep.) "forward; from" (see from). Influenced by related Old English fremman "help forward, promote; do, perform, make, accomplish," and Old Norse fremja "to further, execute." Compare German frommen "avail, profit, benefit, be of use."
Sense focused in Middle English from "make ready" (mid-13c.) to "prepare timber for building" (late 14c.). Meaning "compose, devise" is first attested 1540s. The criminal slang sense of "blame an innocent person" (1920s) is probably from earlier sense of "plot in secret" (1900), perhaps ultimately from meaning "fabricate a story with evil intent," which is first attested 1510s. Related: Framed; framing.

symmetry (n.) Look up symmetry at Dictionary.com
1560s, "relation of parts, proportion," from Middle French symm├ętrie (16c.) and directly from Latin symmetria, from Greek symmetria "agreement in dimensions, due proportion, arrangement," from symmetros "having a common measure, even, proportionate," from assimilated form of syn- "together" (see syn-) + metron "measure" (from PIE root *me- (2) "to measure"). Meaning "harmonic arrangement of parts" first recorded 1590s.

"Compose a harmony?" My feeling is this directly ties into our earlier focus on music or tones in the Key thread?

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
Image from Tyger layered 3 more times..... new images still popping up everywhere, but I need to clean it up and make it sharper after each layer. 

And an interesting note... all copy variations of the same pages produce slightly different images.... Some of his works have 20+ variations in the archive!

Why do I get the feeling that the 9-panel images from the COS material are important here? If you folded all outer squares into the center of a 3x3 grid you'd certainly get symmetry....