W.B. Images

• 135 Replies

Supersonic

• We are the music makers...
    • View Profile
Re: W.B. Images
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:01 AM »
Nrg, you mentioned that even though anyone could see the 'book', not everyone would know what they are looking at. When I look at the Blake images, I can see dozens of faces, images, patterns......but I get the sense that the average person can't see much of it...or see the significance?

The average person isnt splicing and aligning images, but than again, even if they did, what wpuld they make of what they see?
Good point

montecristo777

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »
Maybe we have to "see" differently? You know the feeling of going sort of cross eyed? Not focusing on a single point and everything goes a bit blurry.. been thinking about this for the last days.. The feeling is actually quite intense on the eyes..

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »
If I'm understanding this correctly, The Roman god Janus is depicted with two opposing faces and usually holding a "staff" and a "key". Janus is the guardian of gates, door, transitions, etc. and seems to have a similar role to Heimdallr from Norse mythology who guards the Bifrost(Rainbow Bridge) between Midgard and Asgard. 

The "Staff" and "Key" make me think of this:

Also, notice on the treble clef how FACE is in the "spaces between" the staff lines...
Bringing William Blake back into this, "Staff" is also a "poetic verse" and the Tyger poem is part of "Songs of Innocence and of Experience". His work is very symmetrical.  Tyger is 6 verses, 4 lines, each with a 7-7-7-8 syllable pattern.

Perhaps now why i posted this story will make sense.

Here it is again

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3ytok3/does_anyone_else_remember_this_pop_song_from/

It is quite a catchy tune, but the chords don't quite spell f-a-c-e as was posited on the chan. I wouldn't recommend getting this stuck in your head, muhahaha.

https://chordify.net/chords/see-you-after-babe-symmetry-icon-symmetry-icon

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2017, 02:39:38 PM »
If I'm understanding this correctly, The Roman god Janus is depicted with two opposing faces and usually holding a "staff" and a "key". Janus is the guardian of gates, door, transitions, etc. and seems to have a similar role to Heimdallr from Norse mythology who guards the Bifrost(Rainbow Bridge) between Midgard and Asgard. 

Also, notice on the treble clef how FACE is in the "spaces between" the staff lines...
Bringing William Blake back into this, "Staff" is also a "poetic verse" and the Tyger poem is part of "Songs of Innocence and of Experience". His work is very symmetrical.  Tyger is 6 verses, 4 lines, each with a 7-7-7-8 syllable pattern.

Here it is again

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3ytok3/does_anyone_else_remember_this_pop_song_from/

It is quite a catchy tune, but the chords don't quite spell f-a-c-e as was posited on the chan. I wouldn't recommend getting this stuck in your head, muhahaha.

You just made my day........ F A E? Nice work!

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2017, 02:53:21 PM »

Here it is again

You just made my day........ F A E? Nice work!

I can't take credit for this. Found it on the innerwebz.

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »
FAE.......

btw WHY is the C in F A C E incorrect?
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

RedShift

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2017, 04:49:03 PM »
FAE.......

Are you suggesting that the current musical scale used to be different? This kind of reminds me of the change in middle C from 432Hz to 440Hz. It seems that there is a link between psychological changes and specific notes or chord progressions based on the reaction to the Symmetry Icon song. Is the Key a certain sequence of notes that puts the listener in some sort of altered state?

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2017, 08:08:31 PM »

It's worth mentioning that when he walks into himself in the middle it's sort of like what happens when you set a work into itself it gives it's creation.

A flower blooming has sort of this perfect symmetry.

You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »
FAE.......

Rethinking this...... clef means "key" in French.... Bass = low key / Treble = high key? Is it possible to turn Blake's poems into a "Grand Staff" of music?

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2017, 10:44:02 PM »
Patti Smith performing The Tyger by William Blake:

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2017, 10:52:42 PM »
He took your f a c e
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »
Is this the original tune the nosleep song was taken from?

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2017, 05:24:59 PM »
Here's a couple cool images from "The Lamb" in the upright(non-flipped) position:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:15:24 PM by Supersonic »

RedShift

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
FAE.......

Rethinking this...... clef means "key" in French.... Bass = low key / Treble = high key? Is it possible to turn Blake's poems into a "Grand Staff" of music?

The low key and high key references remind me of this quote given by  Africanus the Elder in a vision to Africanus the Younger about Pythagoras's concept of the "music of the spheres":

"That is produced by the onward rush and motion of the spheres themselves; the intervals between them, though unequal, being exactly arranged in a fixed proportion, by an agreeable blending of high and low tones various harmonies are produced. For such mighty motions cannot be carried on so swiftly in silence; and Nature has provided that one extreme shall produce low tones while the other gives forth high. Therefore this uppermost sphere of heaven, which bears the starts, as it revolves more rapidly, produces a high, shrill tone, whereas the lowest revolving sphere, that of the moon, gives forth the lowest tone. For the earthly sphere, the ninth, remains ever motionless and stationary in its position in the center of the universe; but the other eight spheres, two of which move with the same velocity, produce seven different sounds – a number that is the key of almost everything"

Also, it's thought that the muses and three Graces in the picture in the paper linked below correspond to notes in the musical scale. Maybe the geocentric model of the spheres has less to do with a representation of the Earth and planets and is more akin to the metaphorical representation of Man in alchemy.  The alchemists refer to Man (I think the spiritual aspects) by using metals which are also represented as the planets.

https://www.pacifica.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/mendenhall.pdf

Supersonic

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2017, 08:12:41 PM »
I know why I never appreciated Picasso.....just never saw it the way he did....lol....I was trying to tie the "f a c e" reference to music, but it might be pointing to other "faces"? The CUBE-ist paintings are loaded with this.....