"You want the truth?"/(the other reason spoonfeeding would be futile)

• 12 Replies

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
Knowing the truth,as it were, creates a feeling very similar to waking up in a dark room , than realizing that dark room in in the middle of the ocean, in the deepest trench
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Searching in TX

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
    • View Profile
Re: "You want the truth?"/(the other reason spoonfeeding would be futile)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:11:07 AM »
Knowing the truth,as it were, creates a feeling very similar to waking up in a dark room , than realizing that dark room in in the middle of the ocean, in the deepest trench

That may be the reason many choose the blue pill.

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:26:25 AM »
Add to that your nearest and dearest are programmed to turn into sharks if you try to relate truth to them.

ColdReb00t

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:06:24 AM »
I carry at least 3 flashlights at any given time. I shan't be caught in the dark.  ;)

I wonder what they tell the incoming President after inauguration that makes them look like they've seen a ghost?
"You don't change the way people think by changing what they say. You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES FLYING THROUGH THE AIR. BLOOD! FLAMES! HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION!"
~~ Alastair J. R. Young

"All weather is now manufactured. Period."
~~Scott Stevens

Jknumber45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 09:41:53 AM »
I wonder what they tell the incoming President after inauguration that makes them look like they've seen a ghost?

I'd love to hear folks' thoughts on this.  I've always wondered about it myself

ColdReb00t

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »

I've always had a feeling it was something like the plot from The Forgotten...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0356618/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_45
"You don't change the way people think by changing what they say. You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES FLYING THROUGH THE AIR. BLOOD! FLAMES! HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION!"
~~ Alastair J. R. Young

~~Scott Stevens

Nachiketa

• In search of
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:06 AM »

ColdReb00t

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »

Cute. 😀
~~ Alastair J. R. Young

~~Scott Stevens

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »

Jknumber45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »
That would definitely make an incoming  POTUS' face go white.

3headedfool

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
I really like this post. Show us the door and give us the choice but we must open it on our own volition and take responsibility for the hard truths that exist. I like to think you convey information in hints not because one must earn knowledge for themselves or deserve it, but because the nature of the truth can be so hard to bear that one must prepare themselves.

This gives me a lot of perspective into your motivations and methods. It reminds me of Allegory of the Cave. Plato says that if someone were to drag the prisoners out of the cave against their will they would rage and scream the entire time, they would despise the one who dragged them to the surface, and sudden exposure to "the sun" would be blinding and painful. My intuition says you want nothing more than to tell us all everything you know, but it would be "futile" to "throw us into the deep end"  ;D

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 06:37:58 PM »
I really like this post. Show us the door and give us the choice but we must open it on our own volition and take responsibility for the hard truths that exist. I like to think you convey information in hints not because one must earn knowledge for themselves or deserve it, but because the nature of the truth can be so hard to bear that one must prepare themselves.

This gives me a lot of perspective into your motivations and methods. It reminds me of Allegory of the Cave. Plato says that if someone were to drag the prisoners out of the cave against their will they would rage and scream the entire time, they would despise the one who dragged them to the surface, and sudden exposure to "the sun" would be blinding and painful. My intuition says you want nothing more than to tell us all everything you know, but it would be "futile" to "throw us into the deep end"  ;D

A Seeker on the Journey has the opportunity to gain many Tools he can utilize when he enters the darkness. 

Without these tools, the darkness is harder to handle.

I thought of this story when I read Nick's post. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/libraryofshadows/comments/7dsu2u/last_room_of_the_cave/
Not all who wander are lost....

Bcjams

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »
My only hope is that I choose the good when I can