When I was a child...

• 23 Replies

Possibles

• View Profile
When I was a child...
« on: December 11, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »
When I was a child... I had a recurring nightmare of sliding down a loose gravel slope and falling into a deep still pond. The harder I would struggle, the deeper I sank. As I died I woke up.
One time I stopped struggling and woke up.
Some time later the dream recurred and I didn't struggle at all. I immediately woke up.
The dream never happened again.

When I was a child... my father took me to place very few men were allowed to go. And even then, allowed only for very good reason. There were eight beasts created my the ambitions of man, massively armed for war with the power of suns. We went into the belly of one and sat. It was very still and quiet, like an empty church full mystical geometry or like sneaking into the stomach of a sleeping dragon.
I was nine years old. Old enough to know about duty and honor and what my father risked by bringing me there. Yet not a word was spoken. We sat for a long time.
When we left there was a wink and nod by heavily armed security.
After that I knew that the gods of destruction were content in rest. Yet, if roused were indiscrimate as to light and darkness, purpose, or reason.

When I was a child...my hero was (after my father) Zorro. I didn't realize why until many years later. It was because he was so good at fighting that he never had to hurt the minions and pawns. They just tripped and fell over one another. He left the serious (sincere) fight for the boss.

When I was a child...A baseball was my only holy relic. My divine totems later were the m1911 and the female form. I mastered the 1911, and I told myself I mastered the female but in truth I was/am only a beggar. I still hold the baseball holy, yet now I only see the past in its depths. Alas.

Today a friend returned from a trip to 'Stonehenge' (the one on earth) and she took me out to a pizza bar. Yes, I had one or two(or three) slices with pineapple to go with the others. We were talking about our childhood and it got me thinking of things that happened when I was young which didn't seem all that important at the time. Admittedly my childhood was weird but I suspect that's true of many who lurk or post here.

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
Re: When I was a child...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »
When I was a child... I had a recurring nightmare of sliding down a loose gravel slope and falling into a deep still pond. The harder I would struggle, the deeper I sank. As I died I woke up.
Some time later the dream recurred and I didn't struggle at all. I immediately woke up.

When I was a child... my father took me to place very few men were allowed to go. And even then, allowed only for very good reason. There were eight beasts created my the ambitions of man, massively armed for war with the power of suns. We went into the belly of one and sat. It was very still and quiet, like an empty church full mystical geometry or like sneaking into the stomach of a sleeping dragon.
I was nine years old. Old enough to know about duty and honor and what my father risked by bringing me there. Yet not a word was spoken. We sat for a long time.
After that I knew that the gods of destruction were content in rest. Yet, if roused were indiscrimate as to light and darkness, purpose, or reason.

When I was a child...my hero was (after my father) Zorro. I didn't realize why until many years later. It was because he was so good at fighting that he never had to hurt the minions and pawns. They just tripped and fell over one another. He left the serious (sincere) fight for the boss.

When I was a child...A baseball was my only holy relic. My divine totems later were the m1911 and the female form. I mastered the 1911, and I told myself I mastered the female but in truth I was/am only a beggar. I still hold the baseball holy, yet now I only see the past in its depths. Alas.

Today a friend returned from a trip to 'Stonehenge' (the one on earth) and she took me out to a pizza bar. Yes, I had one or two(or three) slices with pineapple to go with the others. We were talking about our childhood and it got me thinking of things that happened when I was young which didn't seem all that important at the time. Admittedly my childhood was weird but I suspect that's true of many who lurk or post here.

Was the place your father took you in europe or south america?
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:17:44 PM »

Let me answer specifically and broadly in order to inform and reduce speculation.
My father worked all over, but this was in California. One of 'THOSE' security clearances is in play here. He has passed. He kept his secrets, his honor, and his humanity.
 As a Magician you understand that certain things must be kept compartmentalized. Secrecy(discretion) is not only a veil for thieves and murderers it is a also a tool for protection and plays a part in nurture. There are no secrets as to the essentials of what is going on though, by 'law or protocol' the victim must be told by the predator was is 'going' to happen, and then what 'is' happening. Free will and discernment is prime. The mocking of the voluntary victim afterward is optional.
Rules apply to the good guys too, again free will is king, but adults dont' give car keys or to young children, even nice children who adults hope will eventually learn to drive. Those gates of adulthood are not opened by the adults, but by the children. You know I explain the obvious here for others who may not know.
While on the subject of clearances the DoD/DOE sensitive compartmentalized clearance is mearly a top secret clearance for specific areas. 1.5 million americans have TS clearance. 'Q' was initiated by the Atomic Energy Commision for personell who work with/near atomics and may have need to access both military and civilian areas. Still very compartmentalized. No one person knows much.
Some rescue teams have blanket clearances because they might be called upon to deal with emergencys ranging from civilian contractors, to nasa assets.
I'm constantly surprised at what people know here. Things I had no clue about. And sometimes Im surprised that people don't know what I know. Yet we each seem to know (be learning) what we need to for our own life. I don't think there is a holy grail of knowlege for all, probably because we are to some extent, each creating our own reality.
Lot's of strange birds here, I love it.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 12:38:53 AM »

Let me answer specifically and broadly in order to inform and reduce speculation.
My father worked all over, but this was in California. One of 'THOSE' security clearances is in play here. He has passed. He kept his secrets, his honor, and his humanity.
 As a Magician you understand that certain things must be kept compartmentalized. Secrecy(discretion) is not only a veil for thieves and murderers it is a also a tool for protection and plays a part in nurture. There are no secrets as to the essentials of what is going on though, by 'law or protocol' the victim must be told by the predator was is 'going' to happen, and then what 'is' happening. Free will and discernment is prime. The mocking of the voluntary victim afterward is optional.
Rules apply to the good guys too, again free will is king, but adults dont' give car keys or to young children, even nice children who adults hope will eventually learn to drive. Those gates of adulthood are not opened by the adults, but by the children. You know I explain the obvious here for others who may not know.
While on the subject of clearances the DoD/DOE sensitive compartmentalized clearance is mearly a top secret clearance for specific areas. 1.5 million americans have TS clearance. 'Q' was initiated by the Atomic Energy Commision for personell who work with/near atomics and may have need to access both military and civilian areas. Still very compartmentalized. No one person knows much.
Some rescue teams have blanket clearances because they might be called upon to deal with emergencys ranging from civilian contractors, to nasa assets.
I'm constantly surprised at what people know here. Things I had no clue about. And sometimes Im surprised that people don't know what I know. Yet we each seem to know (be learning) what we need to for our own life. I don't think there is a holy grail of knowlege for all, probably because we are to some extent, each creating our own reality.
Lot's of strange birds here, I love it.

Only one bird here friend. Its taken in so much carbon monoxide it forgets what it is and creates different identities to react to different stimuli, sometimes a songbird,sometimes a raptor, but always a singular entity.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:28:11 AM »
Compartmentalization is why I did not become an Engineer right out of high school.

has anyone here seen the cube? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/videoplayer/vi463470873?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

A perfect cautionary tale against compartmentalization.

A good reason to want to work for oneself.

You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
Compartmentalization is why I did not become an Engineer right out of high school.

has anyone here seen the cube? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/videoplayer/vi463470873?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

A perfect cautionary tale against compartmentalization.

A good reason to want to work for oneself.
When I was young... I made my first teacher (kindergarden) so mad she acually left class and took me home herself.

School was boring to me, too slow and regimented. So I made a game of frustrating those indocrinated teachers who tried to indocrinate me. At first I was a little troublemaker but latter I just smiled and politly declined.
That REALLY pissed them off!
Because if the system can't make you a good guy, they get you by making you a bad guy. Was't going to happen, not my nature.
That lasted all through my school years. Later on, when it my turn at bat in the world I played long enough to learn some cool stuff and then I split and went freelance. Governmental and Military talent is overated by design to keep people docile. But in all endevors, freelance is where the real talent lives. But even freelance one must  still compartmentalize oneself. Displaying too much talent overtly can get you in real trouble. Just ask Tesla.

Because I never accepted money for the things I was most talented at, I had to do work odd jobs to pay for my bread and circuses. But it made me a more rounded person I think.
By the way, I liked your 'Best light Show' vid over at the music thread.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:28:46 PM by Possibles »

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 04:11:25 PM »
When I was a child... I noticed the difference in behavior between a dog who had 'escaped' and was having a brief fling before returning home, and one who was lost.
One made me smile, and one frightened me.
Both dogs existed in me too.
Later on things never really changed.
Most day's I'm content with my place in life. But now and then I feel Ive lost my way, knowing I'm not where I should be, nor remembering the way back. Running or biting the hand that wants to feed and rescue me, not responding to my true name. But those times are brief.

When I was a child... I would ride my bike to the church for confession once a week. Sometimes when it was slow the Priest would take me to a private room in the back and hear my confession. Sometimes he would ask me if I had any sins 'down there' and he would touch me down there. I had no idea what he was talking about, but he was a nice man and it was the 'house of God' so it must have been ok. It never got any heavier than that but it was the first time I ever experienced a shapeshifter. The shapeshifting being energetic and not physical. I was too young to understand what was happening but I remember noticing the change in energy.

I've never been much for ritual;
Maybe a wind-up on the pitchers mound,
or cleaning my 'sporting goods',
or a glass of wine (or three) with one of the beloved,
or sitting quietly before teaching or just because.
Just a few years ago I did a house cleaning and gathered a bunch of old documents(contracts) that had my name or signature on them, one document was my First Communion Document. I don't remember the priests name but it would have been on the paper somewhere. I didn't bother looking, I just burned the hole stack. I cried but I'm not sure for whom.

When I was a child...Children could play outside after dark. Parents had to drag us inside for meals and bed.
One time (around time of the Priest thing above) a nice t-bird pulled up to me and two of my young friends. It was new, maybe a 63. A stranger asked if we wanted to go for a ride. There was no way I was going to but it was obvious my friends were about too. I started screaming and crying. The driver paniced and drove away.
It was weird, I wasn't really scared, and I felt like a fool afterward. Later on I realized that playing/being the fool could not only save youself, but others.
I never told my father about the t-bird or priest thing, even though as a father and because of his chosen profession it was his business to know and I understood that. Being emphatic I knew the burden my father carried though he never showed it. I didn't want to add to that, and by my fathers example I learned to bear my own burdens. My father looked a bit like a very athletic Dean Martin. He was a singer and dancer too. Women loved him.
As a personality he was like Bill Cosby, loose and fun but you didn't dare cross certain lines. In his professional life he was straight forward and honest but he sometimes reminded me of Detective Colombo. Pretending to know less than he really did. He acted like that around people who feared or patronized him. I didn't know why some people feared my father. Now I do. Poetic Justice of the Peace should have been his title.
After he retired he lived in a few esoteric communities. He was trying to make sense of what he had experienced I think.

When I was a child... As family we used to go swimming at an outdoor pool. This property was about fifteen miles from where we lived. It was a spartan but decent country club setting with a nice rec hall too. Lots of people worked there. They had thier own softball league and fields.
This place was on property which was surrounded by four barbwire topped fences. The two interior fences were electrified. A few people worked at guard posts and patrols, the rec center and grounds maintenance but most worked inside the mountain or underground. Inside was one place my father never took me and any conversion about it was strictly taboo.
One day we were swimming and one of my fathers acquaintances joined us in the pool. An officer that looked and sounded like an American but wasn't like any American, or any other person I had ever met. My childhood was very multi-cultural, but I don't think this dude was from 'around here'. I distictly remember him smiling at me and then laughing boisterously for no particular reason. The music 'The new Fifth Dimensions song .Up,Up and Away. was banging out on the speakers. I felt a short moment of paralysis but quickly broke free. He laughed again.
We played catch in the water for a while and I had a grand time. My father and mother watched quietly but silently from lounge chairs. I asked my father about him later, he shrugged and dismissed him as a co-worker.
In my entire life my father never lied to me. But I knew when/what not to ask. I never thought that introduction
was coincidence, I think it was purposeful.

Some here might think (and I wouldn't blame them) that I was/am compromised by handlers. And that I am not my own person. I assure you that is not the case. Freedom of choice is prime and, for me anyway, Ive made that plain to many whom, over the years have tried to bind me to agendas. My sins and virtues are my own.
The only clown I like is Homie, and 'Homie don't play dat'.

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 01:53:34 PM »
When I was a child, I acted more like an adult in many ways.

I'm learning to color outside the lines now.  Some days it's harder to go outside those semi-permeable walls than others.
Not all who wander are lost....

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 03:23:44 PM »

I'm learning to color outside the lines now.  Some days it's harder to go outside those semi-permeable walls than others.
For my friend Firefly who is learning to color outside the lines.
And thanks for contributing to this thread. It's intent was to encourage people to
talk about what they knew/learned/remember as a child. As a parent, you no doubt learn/remember from your children. I don't have that awesome privilege. I was born equal parts rogue and paladin. My early school teachers mostly got the rogue.

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »

For my friend Firefly who is learning to color outside the lines.
And thanks for contributing to this thread. It's intent was to encourage people to
talk about what they knew/learned/remember as a child. As a parent, you no doubt learn/remember from your children. I don't have that awesome privilege. I was born equal parts rogue and paladin. My early school teachers mostly got the rogue.

I remember that ad.  That first crayon mark outside the lines still makes me cringe!  But, I liked the car LOL

As a child, sports were about competition for me.  As a parent, years ago, I took my child to her first cheer competition with her special needs squad.  We praised the girls for keeping their bows in their hair, for enduring the itchy/tight uniforms, for not having meltdowns with the loud crowd, for going out on stage, trying their best and having fun.   The day was about friendship, doing your best, loving life, and being brave.  Life doesn't need to be a competition; love can shine brighter than the biggest trophy.

As a child, we were taught manners were key.  As a parent, I learned to calmly address my screaming child in a store, and to go on with what I was doing.  Life didn't collapse around me; no one took us away for bad manners.   

As a child, the calendar mandated life.  As a parent, the calendar becomes more of a "most likely will happen" guide to our days, but sometimes we (or my children) just don't feel up to the plans that are written in on the calendar.   And life goes on. 

As a child, school was mandated.  As a parent, enjoying life is a priority rather than a brainwashing facility.  I let the kids miss school for experiences (trips out of state, trips to amusement parks with friends).  Life still goes on. 

As a child, I had good friends, but never connected deeply with anyone.  As a parent, I finally understood the concept of a kindred spirit and soulmate by watching my daughter and her "sister."  My daughter was shocked to learn this summer that her best friend of 5 years has epilepsy and is developmentally delayed by 4+ years.  My daughter was amazed; she just thought her friend was like that because we are all different and all act in different ways, and had never noticed her seizures.   

As a child, my educational path was lined out for me for my parents and I had to make things work.  As a parent, I understand not every school is a good fit for every child and children can thrive in one school environment and not necessarily in another.

As a child, I felt like a minority for being a white kid in Southern CA.  As a parent, I was recently saddened to learn that my friend's white children are not able to get grants or scholarships for college, no matter how good their grades and how many extra curricular activities they have.  I have heard this story several times.  I told my own children they need to work hard or they will be only attending community college or the trade school (or both). 

As a child, I had a lucid dream series that extended for about 2 years.  No one told me it was not normal to remember your dreams every night and build upon the dream.  I was truly sad when I stopped being able to do that.  As a parent, I understand that children walk much closer to the veil than most adults do. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:56:34 AM by Firefly369 »

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 04:18:52 PM »
When I was a child... I had my 40th birthday. I remember thinking I should start to act like an adult. I sold a motorcycle and bought a car. I bought adult clothes designed for success. I let reason and intelligence be my guide.
Later I realized that it wasn't working for me so I dumped the posing. I lost some of my new 'friends', (some were quite attractive) but realized I didn't like being around them much anyway.
A was also reminded that 'If it's not broke, don't fix it'. I'd like to say that that adage was a lesson learned but Im still learning it. For me that rabbit hole runs way deep.
A friend here posted a Darth Vader vid with me in mind. I had not forgotten to address it and say thanks, I was just waiting for the right time.
Vader and Skyrim's Paarthurnax are powerful archetypes for me.
Vader's (Anakin's) fall was lamented by our man Obi Wan because Anakin was the 'chosen one', the one who was to bring balance (baal-lance?)(baal-ants?) to the force(Source). The consequence of that fall we see in the 'prequel' films. In the end it wasn't Vaders Dark Lord who redeemed him, it was his child (Luke's) faith in him. That never faltered, it was a faith that had no intelligence or reason but just was.
I wondered too, about what the balance of light and darkness meant. I dismissed the concept of 'means justifying the end' that some hold so I was kinda stuck.
Nicks persistent hint that Hegel's dialectic was misunderstood was were I found a clue. Looking at the dialect from a positive viewpoint clarified many things for me. One was that the dark-light thesis antithesis could result in a synthesis which is far more than it's 'con'stituant parts. So much more so that It makes light and darkness nearly irrelevant. I have my neck out here a little because I haven't digested this fully but I think it's close.

The day I saw 'Return of the Jedi' I visited a mentor. He wasn't there but his young daughter was. I asked her if she has seen the movie and she had. We talked about it for a while and I joked (half-joked) that if there was hope for Darth Vader, there was hope for me.
She said, "Yes, all you have to do is take off your mask." You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Paarthurnax too was saved (spared) by a child. Dovahkin can mean child of the dragons. You players spared Paarthurnax right? Say what?
It occurs to me at this moment that Anakin and Dovahkin sound closely related. But Ive already been too long winded.
Fus Do Rah.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 05:32:48 PM »
When I was a child... I had my 40th birthday. I remember thinking I should start to act like an adult. I sold a motorcycle and bought a car. I bought adult clothes designed for success. I let reason and intelligence be my guide.
Later I realized that it wasn't working for me so I dumped the posing. I lost some of my new 'friends', (some were quite attractive) but realized I didn't like being around them much anyway.
A was also reminded that 'If it's not broke, don't fix it'. I'd like to say that that adage was a lesson learned but Im still learning it. For me that rabbit hole runs way deep.
A friend here posted a Darth Vader vid with me in mind. I had not forgotten to address it and say thanks, I was just waiting for the right time.
Vader's (Anakin's) fall was lamented by our man Obi Wan because Anakin was the 'chosen one', the one who was to bring balance (baal-lance?)(baal-ants?) to the force(Source). The consequence of that fall we see in the 'prequel' films. In the end it wasn't Vaders Dark Lord who redeemed him, it was his child (Luke's) faith in him. That never faltered, it was a faith that had no intelligence or reason but just was.
I wondered too, about what the balance of light and darkness meant. I dismissed the concept of 'means justifying the end' that some hold so I was kinda stuck.
Nicks persistent hint that Hegel's dialectic was misunderstood was were I found a clue. Looking at the dialect from a positive viewpoint clarified many things for me. One was that the dark-light thesis antithesis could result in a synthesis which is far more than it's 'con'stituant parts. So much more so that It makes light and darkness nearly irrelevant. I have my neck out here a little because I haven't digested this fully but I think it's close.

The day I saw 'Return of the Jedi' I visited a mentor. He wasn't there but his young daughter was. I asked her if she has seen the movie and she had. We talked about it for a while and I joked (half-joked) that if there was hope for Darth Vader, there was hope for me.
She said, "Yes, all you have to do is take off your mask." You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Paarthurnax too was saved (spared) by a child. Dovahkin can mean child of the dragons. You players spared Paarthurnax right? Say what?
It occurs to me at this moment that Anakin and Dovahkin sound closely related. But Ive already been too long winded.
Fus Do Rah.

Do you often stop running a meter from the finish line?

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 05:37:19 PM »

Fus Do Rah.

Thanks Coach, sometimes I still need a kick in the pants.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »

Fus Do Rah.

Thanks Coach, sometimes I still need a kick in the pants.

we all do, Cooperation is the most selfish act one can engage in.

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 12:20:49 AM »
@Possible, have you read The Hidden Hand conversations?