Seriously, read Pynchon

• 15 Replies

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
Seriously, read Pynchon
« on: February 10, 2018, 05:28:14 AM »
I dont know if its because i live on long island, but ive noticed so few have even heard of someone who is widely regarded to be one of the best authors ever. Could have been his subject matter..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Pynchon
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
Re: Seriously, read Pynchon
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:52:38 AM »
A quote you may be familiar with, in premise.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.?
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:01:41 AM »
I haven't read pynchon but that quote touches on something I just noticed in my last union negotiation...

No one can argue for what is not on the table.

Inflation of currency, deflation of gold, all kinds of macro things going on that are not on the table.

The companies opening tactics are to undercut the last contract big time.

Then when deadline is close and things get emotional the company puts basically the old contract back on the table and all they have to do is take from medical and give a little extra to hourly all the time saying that is the best they can do.

No one can question it either.

It's a game of chicken after that... Either sign and aquiesce to stability or don't sign and go on strike and risk losing everything just to possibly get a new contract with the same terms as before...

Yup insightful that Pynchon is.

You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 07:36:15 AM »
Pynchon isnt one man, Pynchon is the avatar of a group not dissimilar to mine, spreading the truth the only safe way... find me evidence the man exists, ill wait..

Also that quote is a lot like "the problem is now that we have all the answers at our fingertips, we no longer have the right questions" No?

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »
Pynchon isnt one man, Pynchon is the avatar of a group not dissimilar to mine, spreading the truth the only safe way... find me evidence the man exists, ill wait..

Also that quote is a lot like "the problem is now that we have all the answers at our fingertips, we no longer have the right questions" No?
Again I read about a group. Ive seen hints and references before about a group here at NRG.
Is this something you can elaborate on in a public forum? Or is there reference material somewhere? Or is this just a metaphor?

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »

Again I read about a group. Ive seen hints and references before about a group here at NRG.
Is this something you can elaborate on in a public forum? Or is there reference material somewhere? Or is this just a metaphor?

Many people speak of the Illuminati a nefarious group with Sinister Motives. For every yin there is a yang

DimensionsOfYou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
https://anonfile.com/offd87d8b5/PynchonWorks.zip Enjoy :)
Includes
Bleeding Edge
Mason & Dixon
Vineland
Gravity's Rainbow + Robert Crayola's 'The Gravity's Rainbow Guidebook'
V

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 01:24:28 PM »
https://anonfile.com/offd87d8b5/PynchonWorks.zip Enjoy :)
Includes
Bleeding Edge
Mason & Dixon
Vineland
Gravity's Rainbow + Robert Crayola's 'The Gravity's Rainbow Guidebook'
V

Start with gravity's rainbow

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »
Gravity's Rainbow audio book

https://archive.org/details/GravitysRainbow001ADehissed

VBR M3U - single zip 705MB unzips to 18 mp3 files. Downloaded for me in about 15min.
          decent audio quality and good reader.

VBR MP3 - 18 seperate zips.

Iamme

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »

Oooooooo, very interesting...I recently read Inherent Vice and have had Gravity's Rainbow on my list for years. Will pick it up.
“I believe in everything; nothing is sacred. I believe in nothing; everything is sacred. Ha Ha Ho Ho Hee Hee.” Tom Robbins

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 06:45:17 PM »

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 06:46:02 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nnqkxz/who-is-thomas-pynchon-and-why-did-he-take-off-with-my-life-198

?

they cite wikipedia as the only source to support their assertion "Despite his reputation, the facts of his life are simple and readily available. "

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nnqkxz/who-is-thomas-pynchon-and-why-did-he-take-off-with-my-life-198

?

they cite wikipedia as the only source to support their assertion "Despite his reputation, the facts of his life are simple and readily available. "

and the yada's

Vice speculates several times that since no one has ever really seen Pynchon know one really knows Pynchon.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 06:52:06 PM »

?

and the yada's

Vice speculates several times that since no one has ever really seen Pynchon know one really knows Pynchon.

full disclosure, I couldnt bring myself to read past wikipedia being cited as a primary source  ???