Self Defense

• 104 Replies

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
Re: Self Defense
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2018, 02:30:27 AM »
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2018, 01:56:14 PM »
How funny, I posted music yesterday and almost posted this very vid as 'choice' number three. I was away for a few days and didn't check this thread until this morning.
Weird stuff is going on.
Can't get enough.
Weird.
Ive been 'posting in the blind' alot lately too and its funny how it often fits when afterward I
look. We at this place are so different but it's amazing when we are permited to peek behind the
curtain and see how much we have in common.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2018, 02:04:03 PM »
Rock on @Possibles !

I just went looking for this on page three and found it on page one haha

Check this out.

If this isn't disarming a nation... Any Aussies here ???

You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »
Rock on @Possibles !

Check this out.

One would wonder why Aussie Medical Association would be troubled that a child might be introduced to
situational awareness, escapes from holds and speedy departures.

Here's one of my Kin working with a child. He also helps MMA fighers.
Jim Dolmage is one of Martial's Arts unsung Heros.
You will notice the stick dodging. Suprisingly effective in exposing old trauma in adults.
Sometimes women would break down crying when asked to jump over a benignly handled swinging stick.

We used to workout/teach at Rogue Community College in Grants Pass Oregon and George Foreman
came by to give a speech. He pointed to a flagpole's poured concrete base outside the Gym and said, "That was the first constructive thing I ever did in my life."
He was in Job Corps for troubled youth for six months and later went on to win a Gold in the Olympics. Jim and I had his home phone number for years, he was that kind of guy. He hated fighting and only did it for the money.

Jim is a trickster too. One time there was a talented up and commer who had a bit of an attitude.
He used to run to class with Jim and then run home after. It was dark on the return run and on an quiet unlit country road.
On the run a pickup stopped and three big guys got out with baseball bats and took a swing at Jim.
He uncharacteristically turned to the blow and took it full on the belly. There was a loud wack and Jim went down. The noob hesitated and then turned and ran. They all caught up with him and burst out
laughing at the look on the young mans face. He knew he had been he brunt of a joke when Jim took the body armor out from under his t-shirt.
"Im sorry Jim but I thought you were dead", was all he could say.
Afterward the noob was a little more mindful about keeping his own capabilties and mindset in context.

sheepdog

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2018, 06:47:27 AM »
Rock on @Possibles !

Check this out.

One would wonder why Aussie Medical Association would be troubled that a child might be introduced to
situational awareness, escapes from holds and speedy departures.

Here's one of my Kin working with a child. He also helps MMA fighers.
Jim Dolmage is one of Martial's Arts unsung Heros.
You will notice the stick dodging. Suprisingly effective in exposing old trauma in adults.
Sometimes women would break down crying when asked to jump over a benignly handled swinging stick.

We used to workout/teach at Rogue Community College in Grants Pass Oregon and George Foreman
came by to give a speech. He pointed to a flagpole's poured concrete base outside the Gym and said, "That was the first constructive thing I ever did in my life."
He was in Job Corps for troubled youth for six months and later went on to win a Gold in the Olympics. Jim and I had his home phone number for years, he was that kind of guy. He hated fighting and only did it for the money.

Jim is a trickster too. One time there was a talented up and commer who had a bit of an attitude.
He used to run to class with Jim and then run home after. It was dark on the return run and on an quiet unlit country road.
On the run a pickup stopped and three big guys got out with baseball bats and took a swing at Jim.
He uncharacteristically turned to the blow and took it full on the belly. There was a loud wack and Jim went down. The noob hesitated and then turned and ran. They all caught up with him and burst out
laughing at the look on the young mans face. He knew he had been he brunt of a joke when Jim took the body armor out from under his t-shirt.
"Im sorry Jim but I thought you were dead", was all he could say.
Afterward the noob was a little more mindful about keeping his own capabilties and mindset in context.
The little fellows ukemis are perfect and his techniques are great -superb instructor in my opinion as well. Thanks for this there is hope -and regarding shit going down oh yeah so many circumstances that have happened to me as well that have been mentioned here. LMAO at that "beatdown",an attitude will get you killed or seriously injured visited one of the latter in a hospital- interesting  info about that stick routine
thanks all.

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2018, 04:40:02 PM »
How funny, I posted music yesterday and almost posted this very vid as 'choice' number three. I was away for a few days and didn't check this thread until this morning.
Weird stuff is going on.
Can't get enough.
Weird.

Ive been 'posting in the blind' alot lately too and its funny how it often fits when afterward I
look. We at this place are so different but it's amazing when we are permited to peek behind the
curtain and see how much we have in common.

I'd scare myself if I kept a sync journal.  Yes, they are increasing.  Or maybe my awareness of them is increasing. 

I use them as lanterns to light my path. 

Walking in the light is better than floundering in the dark.
Not all who wander are lost....

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2018, 06:34:40 AM »
I started in martial arts in the second grade and I am forever grateful.  My school schedule as defense oriented. ATA Taekwondo.

Years later I met a good friend my age or so that went to Mo's school of Taekwondo. Very offense based. That guy took 2nd place in the national junior Olympics but injured his knee at some point and dropped competition. He still has full range but he doesn't risk it again because it won't be fixed a 2nd time.

Totally opposite take still good friends.

montecristo777

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2018, 07:47:50 AM »
Before the karate competitions I had, the coach didn't allow me to eat as I would go berserk when I was hungry lol. I was doing karate-do, where to get points in kumite (sparring) you had to make bare minimum conact, barely touching the opponent. We went to a competition for a different style of karate where more contact was allowed, I started the fight peacefully and technical, but then the other guy connected and I felt a taste of blood in my mouth, lost my peacefulness after that and got disqualified for hitting too hard.
Another funny one was during a hockey game when i was a kid, the ref was drunk (eastern europa) he didnt allow one goal and made other bad calls, the parents started shouting and all of us on the ice dropped our gloves and started to fight, funny stuff.
If in real danger, its probably best to go for neck, eyes, balls.. Though an honarable fight is alright too, where no low shots are taken and you shake hands after a good fight

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »
Repost

Delethis2

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »
Music protects from psychic attack don't you think??????

Delethis2

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2018, 03:34:07 PM »
thanks for all the confidence in my abilities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=9FEvRuGYBDs

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2018, 04:17:47 PM »
If you don't mind my saying so, letting go of resentment for our abusers frees us
from psychic attachment to them. It frees us from the imprinting which leads us to become an abuser. I it frees us to explore our true nature.
Nick said something very bold yesterday. Paraphasing he said very powerful people have  dark behaviors which matches the light behavior. We can swing from one to the other in our quest for balance and collateral damage can be devastating to ourselves
and others. Rubbing elbows with giants and midgets is dangerous but essential to finding and bringing forth our own power and potential. No one said this
was going to be easy, but I think we all know in our heart of hearts it is nessesary.

I don't know your particular situation D2, but in a general way, consider that
we owe a certain gratitude to our abusers as we do to our friends. Anger binds us to a dark relationship to both adversaries, friends and ourselves.
Justice will come, but before  that we have to come to find our own peace.
The vid above may imply a passive inaction, but I assure you action from that ground of non judgemental action and emotional detactment is the stuff that slays dragons.

Music don't make me safe... it helps me soar.
Plus I look good when I dance, ohh yeah.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:20:12 PM by Possibles »

Delethis2

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2018, 06:09:03 PM »
You're right these are the first posts the whole world will c soon. TTYL.

Delethis2

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2018, 06:18:59 PM »
Good job gang thanks for backing that up for me.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2018, 09:49:10 PM »

So I learned a little something about noise last semester I think I shared it somewhere around here but basically if sound is being generated at a certain level of decibels then any sounds below that level will not be detected by the ears as it will not increase the overall decibel level.

So if a sound is being generated at 65 db then any amount of noise or even multiple noises at 55 db will be undetectable to the ears.

So if a tree falls in the forest but there is a really noisey engine next to the person then the person will not detect it.

It makes me think about if there is a part of us that will detect it. Certainly I have used the television to block out daytime noise while sleeping during the day many times throughout the years.

A quick search and I ran into something new to me.... This white noise which is supposed to help one concentrate.

Does anyone here have experience with this?

As to your question of whether music can block a psychic attack I think it's feasible but it's also feasible that the psychic attack could be channeled through the music as well.

Basically I think that anything trying to get in that is not welcomed will be percieved as an attack so I like Possibles answer to this as well.