stand on feet
stand on ground

found be
round li

Study and do no harm.  Find harmony

push pull push pull push pull

train with me

share with others to see

I will start with an original foundation so named and so harmonious.

These machines these machines

Please know that there is no violence in harmony. 

The direct application of harmony

will reflect upon the true destroyers

of their horror grip.

The best path to social change for the better

for the strength of individual character

and long lasting sustainable onslaught

is satya graha or peace march through peace and the insistence of truth or holding onto truth or truth force  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyagraha

Here is my thread at GLP that Ghandi was right :  http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2217185/pg1

Perhaps one of the most explicit offerings I can think of to introduce this concept even amongst physical conflict and what I believe would go a long way in the streets even from simply a philosophical point of view to really make a difference.  Even in my high school days we had to verbally tamp down the perceived necessity to fight with guns.  People used to just duke out their differences but the meanest clicks would get their friends after their perps too but hey what I am try to say is that Nobody has to die.  Right now there is a similar voice in my community trying to reach out right now to a community of youngsters that happens to be willing to do battle with guns before dealing with the consequences of their behavior which increases the direness and multitude of those consequences. and I think things are getting better.

Bringing this to a national perspective I have said and will say again that if what s name would have shot Travon Martin in the Dick, the whole world would have been a lot less looshier. and to be even less douchier I bet what's name could have applied the following techniques to gain control of the situation in a peaceful manner.

I Remember this lesson and hold it in high regard:  the best fights are resolved without fighting.  I am talking 3d vs. 4d
not that this absolves or resolves anything... it is all still just a cautionary tale methinks.

The application of some kind of harmony

Aikido - Aikido (Japanese: 合気道 Hepburn: Aikidō?) [a.i.ki.doː] is a modern Japanese martial art developed by Morihei Ueshiba as a synthesis of his martial studies, philosophy, and religious beliefs. Aikido is often translated as "the way of unifying (with) life energy"[1] or as "the way of harmonious spirit."[2] Ueshiba's goal was to create an art that practitioners could use to defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury.[3][4]

Aikido techniques consist of entering and turning movements that redirect the momentum of an opponent's attack, and a throw or joint lock that terminates the technique.[5]

Aikido derives mainly from the martial art of Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu, but began to diverge from it in the late 1920s, partly due to Ueshiba's involvement with the Ōmoto-kyō religion. Ueshiba's early students' documents bear the term aiki-jūjutsu.[6]

Ueshiba's senior students have different approaches to aikido, depending partly on when they studied with him. Today aikido is found all over the world in a number of styles, with broad ranges of interpretation and emphasis. However, they all share techniques formulated by Ueshiba and most have concern for the well-being of the attacker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aikido

Here are some videos ;)

This is very balanced Approach to a very large topic.  Please share the best that you know in self defense.  As I recall things worth sharing self defense and defense of others wise I will drop it in here.

Also other philosophical discussion and conversation or thoughts please share :)
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
Re: Self Defense
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 04:14:51 AM »
Just unwound to an Jackie Chan Film. 

The ones from this era contain a lot of information.  this one in particular ended up being of the dichotomy between fighting and not fighting.  There are stylistic cues, for instance I notice that a style his teacher refers to as the lightening fist is a prelude to the drunken style perfected in later films.
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Searching in TX

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 06:46:41 AM »

The ones from this era contain a lot of information.  this one in particular ended up being of the dichotomy between fighting and not fighting.  There are stylistic cues, for instance I notice that a style his teacher refers to as the lightening fist is a prelude to the drunken style perfected in later films.

Your mention of drunken style reminds me of an article I read about Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars being a Sith Lord who was a drunken fist master:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jar-jar-binks-is-actually-a-sith-lord-and-drunken-fist-master

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »

Your mention of drunken style reminds me of an article I read about Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars being a Sith Lord who was a drunken fist master:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jar-jar-binks-is-actually-a-sith-lord-and-drunken-fist-master

That is some excellent sourcing.  Jackie Chan Developed the Drunken master style he tells us.  I like the Jar Jar link, the best one I think is still as Kaiser sosche as it fully icorporates his hidden traits.

feature=youtu.be

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 03:27:35 AM »
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny is on Netflix... quite an excellent sequel

Marco Polo:  One Hundred Eyes is also on Netflix.  It is a one off episode that gives the origin of 100 eyes.  Really excellent.  Looks like a second season of Marco polo will be out in the summer.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »
Has anyone heard of pensadore?  Does anyone ever pense up?

See how he puts his hands on his head in a defensive manner offensively?

When you do this motion you ground your chi to the ground and increase your strength greatly.

This man talks about the basics a little bit and even eludes to Golden bell technique at the end for fending off multiple attackers.  Surely the Keisei methods have some good inspiration...

There is a good show that used to be on fox that I think was cancelled for disclosing too much info.  The main character often used Pensador when fighting hand to hand but I cannot find a decent clip online for free right now but here is a descent plea from the fans for more seasons:

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »
Has anyone heard of pensadore?  Does anyone ever pense up?

See how he puts his hands on his head in a defensive manner offensively?

When you do this motion you ground your chi to the ground and increase your strength greatly.

This man talks about the basics a little bit and even eludes to Golden bell technique at the end for fending off multiple attackers.  Surely the Keisei methods have some good inspiration...

There is a good show that used to be on fox that I think was cancelled for disclosing too much info.  The main character often used Pensador when fighting hand to hand but I cannot find a decent clip online for free right now but here is a descent plea from the fans for more seasons:

Oh yea I forgot to include this is a pretty decent write up:  http://theselfdefenceexpert.com/technique-focus-the-keysi-pensador/

he links this video and it is really good :)

drakke1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:16:06 PM »
Thanks Undestroyer for the link -- i had never seen this technique/style practiced previously -- looks pretty valid ...
Let Justice Be Served -- And Peace And Wholeness Reign...

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 12:58:04 AM »
Thanks Undestroyer for the link -- i had never seen this technique/style practiced previously -- looks pretty valid ...

Right on. Anytime :rockon:

ninti

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 05:34:03 AM »
Thanks @Undestroyer for posting those, definitely some food for thought there  ;)
I have sanded down and oiled my old Jo and started training again, just by myself and to help keep me grounded. I have missed my old friend <3
Edit: added Jodo vid for anyone curious

and a slightly shorter explanation
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:09:30 AM by ninti »

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »
Thanks @Undestroyer for posting those, definitely some food for thought there  ;)
I have sanded down and oiled my old Jo and started training again, just by myself and to help keep me grounded. I have missed my old friend <3
Edit: added Jodo vid for anyone curious

and a slightly shorter explanation

This is great @ninti Thanks for sharing!

I got through about half of the first video and I am finding it a good instructional video even though my Japanese is pretty poor.  I enjoy the simplicity and elegance of the Jo's approach to matching the Samurai sword.

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 10:47:31 AM »
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny is on Netflix... quite an excellent sequel

Marco Polo:  One Hundred Eyes is also on Netflix.  It is a one off episode that gives the origin of 100 eyes.  Really excellent.  Looks like a second season of Marco polo will be out in the summer.

I had no idea there was a sequel. Thanks!

drakke1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 02:30:13 PM »

I had no idea there was a sequel. Thanks!

BTW, re Crouching....  if someone doesn't have Netflix

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2774354-Crouching-Tiger-Hidden-Dragon-Sword-of-Destiny-online-free
Let Justice Be Served -- And Peace And Wholeness Reign...

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:51 AM »
Life is a garden, dig it :)

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 05:53:29 PM »
The Future is now
First a story on Rail Guns and our next military capabilities... Technology Hitler employed on trains durng World War II from what I have heard.

http://fxn.ws/20O09UA

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4805829692001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

And now a snapshot at current VR technology and a mind to where this is going...