h0bby1

Re: Self Defense
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »

:D

h0bby1

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 01:35:07 PM »
US Navy SEAL Physical Fitness Guide

http://psychic.vibe.free.fr/stuff/US%20Navy%20SEAL%20Physical%20Fitness%20Guide.pdf

For doing some real training :D

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 01:51:34 PM »
True power is in balance which is why judo is the basis of all self defense. Turn their aggression on them. Simple.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

h0bby1

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 01:57:34 PM »
Been doing judo for 8 years, been once in national competition :D Good physical condition do matter :)

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »
Been doing judo for 8 years, been once in national competition :D Good physical condition do matter :)

The school I attended was barred from competition. Master Tague was a bit "direct" in his teachings so if a conflict lasted beyond 2 strikes you were doing it wrong..lol
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

h0bby1

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 02:21:26 PM »
http://peopleofshambhala.com/tantra-martial-arts-and-the-metaphysics-of-pain/

To destroy the opponent in front of you—annihilation of things that stand in the way of peace, justice and humanity….and to destroy your own impulses caused by the instincts of self-preservation. To destroy anything bothering your mind, not to hurt anyone, but to overcome your own greed, anger and folly…Punches and kicks are tools to kill the ego.

This description of “fighting tools” contains powerful metaphors for a much larger fight than a basic pugilistic encounter; this describes the battlefield of the mind and body as we seek to loosen the hold of the ego on our Soul vision. These are the exact ideals of the tantrika attuning himself or herself to the mind and body rather than seek to escape or transcend the corporeal; the body itself becomes a magical tool for self-realization, a weapon against the stronghold of the conditioned ego and its futuristic escapist fantasies; an instrument which is fine tuned by a systematic cultivation of esoteric practices. Bruce Lee also discussed the idea of the “stance” as the foundation of his system of Jeet Kune Do and described the “fundamental positioning” of the stance as:

Simple but effective organization of oneself mentally and physically….ease, comfort, and body feel during maintenance of the ‘spiritual stance’….simplicity: movement with no strain; being neutral, it
has no commitment in directional course or exertion.

Bruce Lee (left) and Yukio Mishima (right).
Bruce Lee (left) and Yukio Mishima (right).

Once again Lee’s description of the “fighting stance” contains metaphors for a much grander vision and echoes much of the practice ideals of tantric physics. The stance we assume in our daily battles will determine the outcome before the fight has even begun. In tantra the body is cultivated to a state of mental and physical harmony without fanatical engagement in myopic fundamentalist paradigms: “movement without strain.” The tantric physicist is always on guard and always ready to assume a natural stance to manage the daily battle of the conditioned mind and the war against of the fundamentalist shibboleth. As Lee stated, “While the punches are coming, keep your eyes open every minute. The punches will not wait for you. They will strike unexpectedly and, unless you are trained well enough to spot them, they will be hard to stop.” So we train ruthlessly to be ready and in a relaxed state to confront the daily blows of the conditioned mind and stronghold of the egoic forces. Our body and mind will constantly seek to support the illusions of the ego in an attempt to keep us in our safe places, our comfort zones. However this prevents us from growing and realizing our true Self and manifesting our Soul Vision. This was aptly described in Sun and Steel by the controversial gnostic Yukio Mishima:

I would draw attention here to one fact: that everything…proceeded from my ‘mind.’ I believe that just as physical training will transform supposedly involuntary muscles into voluntary ones, so a similar transformation can be achieved through an inevitable tendency that one might also call a natural law, are inclined to lapse into automatism, but I have found by experience that a large stream may be deflected by digging a small channel.

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »
you could toil to dig a channel or you could place a stone in the water.  8)

drakke1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »

http://psychic.vibe.free.fr/stuff/US%20Navy%20SEAL%20Physical%20Fitness%20Guide.pdf

Greetings, hobby1:  Thanks a lot for this -- very useful.  In my "younger days" i trained in Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do -- got to sho dan.  Where i live now --small town --  no teachers available currently, so i do my "forms" plus plenty of cardio -- very useful for staying fit and almost sane :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 07:32:55 PM by drakke1 »
Let Justice Be Served -- And Peace And Wholeness Reign...

h0bby1

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 02:59:21 PM »

Greetings, hobby1:  Thanks a lot for this -- very useful.  In my "younger days" i trained in Tang Soo Do -- got to sho dan.  Where i live now --small town --  no teachers available currently, so i do my "forms" plus plenty of cardio -- very useful for staying fit and almost sane :)

This manual is very good, it cover all aspect of training, and it's very efficient to boost physical capacity, and it's operative thing, not like body building, and most of the exercices can be made with some free weight and a treadmill and a jumping rope =)

I mostly do asanas and cardio and some punching ball lol

Asanas are good also compared to judo cause they train also in static position, and how to hold a position too, and also it's good healing for nervous system =) The attitude also determine the issue of the fights, and most people will back off if they see you won't =) It trains will power also and to static firm position like this =)

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »
Oooo wow such excellent material welcome hobby. Drakke did you happen to study Tang so do while in Boulder... I did, I was torn to pick up lotus style king fu or revitalize old pathways under a grand master.

I just ran into this from an AC and thus is a good place to share it:

Karma is administered by YOU!!! Why don't people understand that they make their own karma?? No one other than you punishes you or rewards you for your actions.

It's like this:
You program your PVR to tune into a certain programm at a certain time, and record it. You go out somewhere for a few hours and your PVR does as you've programmed it.

Who made the PVR come on at the certain time? You did!! No one else administered it. You don't have to be present and witness the fulfilment of the agreement in order for it to be done. It's pre-arranged, by you.
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

drakke1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 07:31:39 PM »
Oooo wow such excellent material welcome hobby. Drakke did you happen to study Tang so do while in Boulder... I did, I was torn to pick up lotus style king fu or revitalize old pathways under a grand master.

I just ran into this from an AC and thus is a good place to share it:

Karma is administered by YOU!!! Why don't people understand that they make their own karma?? No one other than you punishes you or rewards you for your actions.

It's like this:
You program your PVR to tune into a certain programm at a certain time, and record it. You go out somewhere for a few hours and your PVR does as you've programmed it.

Who made the PVR come on at the certain time? You did!! No one else administered it. You don't have to be present and witness the fulfilment of the agreement in order for it to be done. It's pre-arranged, by you.

Hi, Undestroyer: I'm mostly from Maryland, and studied with GrandMaster Ki Whang Kim through blue belt and then with GrandMaster Soo Woong Lee to 1st degree black - info below on them.  Great teachers.  Actually i wanted to study Kung Fu, but back in my day that wasn't available back East where i was.  Mr Kim brought Mr Lee over from Korea as an assistant instructor at his dojang. Lee was training Korean marines in martial arts.  He was "scary"  :) Anyway, Mr Lee split off from the Kim studio and opened his own place in Virginia. He asked me to give him a hand with getting things together, so i did.  His English wasn't very good at the time and help was needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Ki_Whang

http://martialartsusapetaluma.com/abou/       Will Yun Lee, mentioned, is Mr Lee's son, and a TV and film "star"...

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 07:45:49 PM by drakke1 »
Let Justice Be Served -- And Peace And Wholeness Reign...

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »
Ran into this :)
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »
So to be a warrior we must truly be a gardener in thus age...

Starborn88

• ~ Questioning reality ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 07:39:04 AM »
I have the opportunity to get a lesson in wing chun via my girlfriend and her coworker.

I'm super excited  ;D
WARNING: objects in mirror are larger than they appear.