Food and Health

• 342 Replies

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
Food and Health
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:04:20 PM »
This is the most important topic to me. (but I do not always live like it... just sayin)

Do you have authority over your health?

I hope you do.

That is what this thread is dedicated to.  Please expand and engage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food affects our feelings more than anything else. even intention!

I am writing about and researching this topic. 

The weird thing is that I was born with this knowledge in a way through my mother who learned it and tried to transplant it to me.  I witnessed many things including my  family from both sides berating her for talking truth.  Finally I tried to pay attention for myself, mind you I was 25. Growing up I did what my mom told me too and I was way better than many about sugar and such... but I still did not fully delve in until 25....

The information has been available actually for quite awhile but the predominate culture has fought against it.

Natural Hygienists anybody?

Susanne Summers tries and so do some others in the light but all only give pieces... you have to go back to the original.... The South to Central as I say... but the real deal is what I have.  Proven scientifically (trial and error) in the 1880's documented and everyday by people like you and me.

People do not want to be told how to eat.

It is sooooo root.

sooooo base.... everyone sooooo wants control over this .... at least....

but they can be hypnotized by marketing media and cravings that physical components within the industrialized food chain induce. <oh its ok><you deserve it><everyone else is eating it><oh its family tradition><THIS IS HOW WE DO IT>

Herbert Shelton was the predominate figure in the 1930's that attempted to bring the natural Hygienist movement back into vogue right when TPTB instituted the AMA and did not recognize a PH D in nutrition to have any authority over the health of Americans.

So with his PH D in nutrition, Shelton ended up doing some of time (prison) for practicing medicine without a license. And the disease he lived with complications from was probably induced by TPTB.

ok, I am getting ahead of myself. 

This is my book review so I will copy the whole thing as well ;)  Also, my friend Tisha Casida runs the website where this is hosted and she garnered 3-4% of the vote for Congress in 2012 which is a record for independent Candidates; I love her so I must talk her up as a public figure after all. 

http://thatsnatural.info/2012/02/22/food-combining-made-easy-by-herbert-shelton-a-book-review/

And here is my full book review: permission by author me

And here are my related GLP threads:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1980771/pg1
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2959087/pg1
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2922654/pg1

Here is the book review for Food Combining Made Easy by Herbert Shelton

By: Chris

What Happened to Eden?

Imagine a world filled with free food, perfect health and good natured, law abiding citizens.  No laws are needed because the human inhabitants of this world lack the scourge of inappropriate desire.  Lacking inappropriate desire, people exhibit unselfish, indiscriminate virtue.  Such a world, dubbed the Garden of Eden exists in the book of Genesis of The Holy Bible.  Interestingly, accounts of this world also exist in The Analects given by Confucius as well as ancient Daoist traditions.  All three of these, essentially historical or even simply ideological accounts arrive at the same conclusion.  At some point during the course of the existence of Eden, something happens and humankind starts to inherit a world filled with greed, selfish desire, and man-made laws that cannot, it seems, remain unbroken.

In modern times, a little known movement, dubbed the Natural Hygiene Movement, proposes that the ideals of an Eden like existence have not completely fallen away from humanity.  Rather, through proper and disciplined choices, based on the scientific research undertaken by medical doctors, all of humanity contains the ingredients necessary to regress back to an Eden-like existence.

In his classic book, Food Combining Made Easy, Herbert M. Shelton takes up a mere sixty-three pages of a reader’s time to expound on the essential dietary choices which contain the power to awaken Eden in all of humanity.

First published in 1940, Food Combining Made Easy remains available to today’s reader.  Mainly a practical guide to eating, this volume does touch on the need to balance emotional and physical aspects of a person.  For a person capable of following a few simple rules, however, this little book provides strict guidelines that go beyond simply eating those vegetables that a lot of mothers and doctors have given up attempting to facilitate.  Compared to modern societal staples of fast food, junk (processed) food and more food – this little book seems stricter than ten pairs of helicopter parents put together.

The most fundamental aspect of these rules is that they are based on digestion.  Medical Doctors in the 1800’s conducted, live, practical research on digestion.  The rules then are a product of their findings along with Shelton’s own experiences and those of the people he treated.  It is worth mentioning that in his lifetime, Shelton was jailed several times during his life for practicing medicine without a license.  In 1921 he graduated from the American School of Naturopathy with a Doctor of Naturopathy (ND) and a Doctor of Naturopathic Literature (ND Lit).  He published over forty books and ran several sanitariums across the country.  Still, he was plagued with legal battles as the establishment was and still is critical of
 his views.

The rules that are put forth in Food Combining Made Easy are simple, but they do fly in the face of what is considered American cuisine today.  There are many stakeholders present that would contest any truth that these rules may or may not contain.  These stakeholders can be summarized within the groups of for profit industries as well as the individual desires of appetite.  Basically everyone is a stakeholder in the current notions of how one should eat and remains one of the most difficult notions to deconstruct, both personally and collectively.  Based on my own self knowledge and personal experiments, I posit that this has been the case since the beginnings of civilization.  In relation to the Garden of Eden, my idea is essentially that the Fruit from the Tree of Knowledge actually represents the beginning of processing foodstuffs and combining them in unnatural ways in human history.  Perhaps there never was a time when all people on this planet ate natural diets.  Nonetheless, one thing I do know for certain through my own experience is that the practical implementation of the natural diet put forth by Shelton in Food Combining Made Easy, practiced over time (two or more days) brought an Eden-like existence directly into my personal viewfinder.

Following are the basic rules, organized in the three-meals-a-day schema of daily sustenance that most world citizens desire to enjoy today.  These are purposely abridged; something that is a keystone to harnessing the potential of this information is to take that personal step forward and discover for yourself how this information can be used and what further information you might need to further your own understanding.  For starters though, you might try these rules for a day as a personal gauge.  After all, what is one day without a sandwich and all of its manifestations that tend to be the very definition of American Cuisine (i.e. burgers, pizza, burritos, chow mien, spaghetti etc.).

Breakfast – Eat fruit.  Fresh fruit is a natural combination of vitamins, nutrients and simple sugars that will provide a quick and lasting boost of energy nicely regarded at the beginning of the day.  Watch out for fruitful combinations that put acids and bases together.  For Instance, Apples and oranges do not combine as well as oranges and strawberries.  For evidence of this, try combining baking soda and orange juice in a container without entertaining a naturally energetic reaction.

Lunch – Eat starchy vegetables such as squash, potatoes and/or whole grains with vegetable salad.  The complex carbohydrates in these types of vegetables will sustain your energy levels for the rest of the day while naturally providing vitamins and minerals.  Leafy greens are the backbone of a vegetable salad but other examples exist as well.  Watch out for processed carbohydrates as most of the nutrients have been leached from the flours during the processing.  Attempts to add vitamins and nutrients to processed food would not need to occur if the food was not processed.  In essence, keep it natural.

Dinner – Choose a single protein source and eat this with vegetable salad.  Meaty proteins are all flesh, so there is not a problem combining different meats.  However, cheese is a separate type of protein from meat and do not combine well.  Similarly, natural proteins are found in a variety of foods that are grown that should be kept to a single source of protein (i.e. nuts, chickpeas etc.).  Proteins at the end of the day help facilitate the natural healing process as these materials are largely what the body uses to repair itself.  Separated from the starches, the body is able to utilize the individual nutrients most efficiently and effectively.

Water – Do not drink water with a meal.  This washes away the digestive enzymes needed to properly digest the food.  Drink water at least ten minutes before a meal and after enough time has passed for the meal to be digested.

Cheating – When cross-combining does occur, Shelton recommends skipping a meal to allow the body time to digest the food properly.

In his landmark book, Food Combining Made Easy, Shelton provides a definition of eating that largely escapes civilized minds today.  Are his rules a road map to Eden?  Was there ever an Eden or a Golden Age like those described in the literatures that survive from the past into the present?  Can we as individuals transform ourselves, thereby providing a guiding light for the rest of humanity by the disciplined application of this definition of eating?  Doesn’t it make sense that at the root of any type of change we desire to make for ourselves, in our lives, lays the very stuff that we put into our bodies?  The historical question may never be answered but the others, by my own personal assessment are rhetorical.

Chris Stern is a blue-collar-scholar; he works and goes to school in Pueblo, Colorado.  He can be reached by email at undestroyer@tvbl.info

You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
Re: Food and Health
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
intriguing stuff, im looking into it
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
intriguing stuff, im looking into it

Awesome!!

You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

ninti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:10:51 PM »
Heya Undestroyer,
I sent you a pm at the other site (after nrg ban) under another name ;) ( I mentioned having intollerance issues with capsicum (bell peppers I believe Americans call them) )
I mentioned I was interested in the food combine "diet" and perhaps giving it a go in January ..
You replied in pm I could ask you for assistance any time so that's encouraging.
In one thread you mentioned your roommate trying the combine diet and just curious if she is sticking to it or not and how it's affected the way she approaches meals now.
So glad you're here and will definitely ask your advice once I'm read up a bit more.
x

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:28:02 PM »
Excellent!!

my roommate has moved out and the initial success was not followed up upon I am afraid. 

I am looking forward to getting back to it myself soon too.

:D

I think after the new year like you sounds good.  :determined:

ninti

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 07:51:48 AM »
So your room-mate liked the combine diet so much he/she moved out  :P  just kidding

So I start in a weeks' time. Should be enough time to start making list of foods to buy and familiarize myself with the basic rules.
In the case of the single protein accompanied by salad. Say if I were to have cheese as the protein there'd be no adding nuts to that ?
And if I made a herb based salad like a taboulleh (using whole bulgher wheat ) you wouldn't ad a protein to that. Or would chickpeas be permitted ? Hmmm I see I need a bit more guidance.

btw. Must have been your avatar at the other place caused me to think you were female ;)

whadouno

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 10:53:16 AM »
I had a can of peaches for breakfast today for the 1st time

:rolls eyes:

It's at least a start...

Matouwac Torch

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »
I have been living and thriving on a plant based diet for years. It is not for everyone, but it is an OUTSTANDING path for me. Everything is better- energy, clarity, vision, sleep, digestion, sex, skin, and on and on. my sense of smell is the best in my lifeti.e, and my taste buds are amazing. But again , it is not for everyone, and my results are perhaps also a cumulative result in many life choice as well. :)

A few other guidelines I use are:

Don't eat 'dead' food, if it is still edible after several days, it has no live.enzymes in it and is thus.nutritionally worthless. Stick to the produce section. Rice, pasta, grains, etc are far less nutritionally dense with bioavailable protein enzymes than fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts

Eat more raw food than cooked. Again in pursuit of live, active, bioavailabile enzymes. Once foods are exposed to temps exceeding approx. 110f they start breaking down and 'dying'.

As mentioned in the OP learn the benefits and impediments of food pairing. I learned a lot from the Gracie family food system regarding what to eat with what,and at what point in the day. This is the same family who's namesake Brazilian jiu jitsu system is world renowned.

Drink nothing but water. Spring is better than well or filtered, filter ed is better than fluoridated. Use a reverse osmosis filter if your water is fluoridated.

I have personally eliminated caffeine, alcohol, soft drinks, etc as well, to great energetic, sleep, and digestive benefit.

If it grows from a plant eat it, if it is made in a plant, don't.

Always buy organic and non-gmo. On produce, the stickers that are placed on the items have numbers, the number 9 as the first number in the sequence  means Organic. You will have to do a bit more digging to verify whether or not it is non genetically modified, however. Nearly all big grocery chains, including whole foods source gmo produce. Health food stores and farmer s markets are your best bet in finding nongmo items. It is more expensive, but is anything worth more than your health, clarity, and longevity?

Lastly I consume zero intoxicant or pharmaceuticals. Food is medicine
 Eat right and you won't need it, and perhaps you may 'cure' that which ails you.

Fat people are not diabetic, obese, etc as diagnosis,rather those are.symptoms IMHO of inflammation and toxicity. From eating things sold in grocery store that are.simply not food. They are eating snacks and baked goods, laboratory filler.

And a reason many eat so much is that they are both malnourished, and have a body craving cleansing to offset the toxicity.

The most toxic substances to our digestive, circulatory, lynphatic, and nervous system are salt, sugar, wheat, caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine.

Now think of all of those people going to Starbucks daily, sometimes twice a.day, for 2+ more of those killers above in every visit!

If you find anything.g I posted here of value, try it out, feel free to discard the rest. This is merely what I have found along my self exploration.

MT
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:17:00 PM by Matouwac Torch »

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »
@MT Those are all really great points. All golden as far as I know.  I have not heard of the Gracie food system, although I am familiar with their fighting system.  Do you have a good link you would recommend?

Matouwac Torch

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 12:41:32 PM »
@MT Those are all really great points. All golden as far as I know.  I have not heard of the Gracie food system, although I am familiar with their fighting system.  Do you have a good link you would recommend?

Now it seems some Gracies are selling books on it, however the program I was introduced to was a simple chart. I got it from the wall of the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA from when I began training there in 2005. It is run by Ryron and Rener Gracie, sons of Carlos, and eldest grandsons of Helio, for those who know lineages... So I trust this chart to any subsequent books.

Here is the best link to what I learned from
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/37817899/The-Gracie-Diet

MT

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 03:11:01 PM »

Now it seems some Gracies are selling books on it, however the program I was introduced to was a simple chart. I got it from the wall of the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA from when I began training there in 2005. It is run by Ryron and Rener Gracie, sons of Carlos, and eldest grandsons of Helio, for those who know lineages... So I trust this chart to any subsequent books.

MT

That is great MT thank you!

I am working on basically a similar idea to present the model of the food combine so that the info is organized.  I also want to write a small computer program that could take a person's grocery list and organize each item into groups that can be eaten together so that a person can take what they are doing currently and start there just by rearranging a few things.

Matouwac Torch

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 04:01:39 PM »

MT

I am working on basically a similar idea to present the model of the food combine so that the info is organized.  I also want to write a small computer program that could take a person's grocery list and organize each item into groups that can be eaten together so that a person can take what they are doing currently and start there just by rearranging a few things.

That sounds great.

Here is another Gracie pdf that works

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwje4YvUsfXJAhUO0GMKHZLbCeUQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crosleygracie.com%2Fdownloads%2FThe-Gracie-Diet.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGk2MgyOVXW-W072dvrlT7BBnKKWw&sig2=Nd7o2rEaxwMcJ3YbwE0XsA

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 05:16:09 PM »

MT

That sounds great.

Here is another Gracie pdf that works

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwje4YvUsfXJAhUO0GMKHZLbCeUQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crosleygracie.com%2Fdownloads%2FThe-Gracie-Diet.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGk2MgyOVXW-W072dvrlT7BBnKKWw&sig2=Nd7o2rEaxwMcJ3YbwE0XsA

Thank you again MT.  I really like the presentation style.

When I compare this to Shelton I note that The Gracie's method to combine the meats with the breads will work to hold weight.  They mention that they are paying attention to fermentation so they know when to use that to their advantage.  I met a young wrestler recently and he compared the Food Combine as a lean option and cleaning/clearing out where as the meat and potatoes or groups A and B from the Gracie method are the starving mans diet meant to keep meat on your bones.  He thinks we have been stuck in that diet since the depression and I think he is right.  It is like a cultural echo of pain taken out on us by a corporate need to satiate itself. So people eat. 

Furthermore, I know a professional bodybuilder who achieves success in building his body by combining meats and rice.  mainly chicken and fish.  and he eats enough calories and works his groupings and everytihing and you can tell that he is using the protein that he takes in to build muscle mass.  Going for that excess is too much for me but when I do mix a grain with a meat and veggies my body most prefers rice as the grain. 

Since it is available cheaply on the go Chinese food becomes a good starting point and I will ask for my veggies steamed with no sauces and rice with no meat - a generous portion.

Also the water thing is key. And drinking it before meals and waiting 10 minutes (usually turns out to be about 4 but it still helps) is another key mefinds.

I currently distill my own water and add back nutrients like : http://www.amazon.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-TMD01-ConcenTrace/dp/B000AMUWLK

in fact that is the one that I have -0 I got 2 for one deal a couple years ago somewhere.....

I also like to use distilled water when cooking or making any other concoctions - I have an algea type powder that I find is good that I honestly bought as a prep because it is fibrous and will last like 50 years.

on a side note that reminds me about a method that the people around me used to cook herbs around 15-30 thousand years ago:  The would collect a large amount of herbs I will have to find the specific one sometime later... and they would dig a pit and line it with hotrocks heated from giant fires I do not know the exact method and they would wrap the food stuffs and surround it with hot rocks and bury it for like 3 weeks.  Those foods are still edible but probably not by your enzymatic standards...  What do you think?

Milk espeacially raw milk is a meal all by itself.

Something really special happens when you mix oil like hemp oil and cottage cheese - not in the same bowl but like take some shots of oil and then eat some cottage cheese on top of it and don't eat or drink anything else for at least 4 hours it is very healing.  Butwig really has a great work on this and has killed cancer with Flax seed oil enamas lol no shit:  http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwib6eTwwfXJAhUW7mMKHQyeCAsQFggmMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dr-kessler.net%2Fapp%2Fdownload%2F6607703786%2FBudwig2%2Bpdf.pdf%3Ft%3D1347965212&usg=AFQjCNHR2E7SKUM_6YAN2VVj7HPmWt_NNw

her explanations of what oil are are truly inspiring at least at the seed level.  Keep it cold pressed :)

naturally I think petroleum is something different.  Crude oil they say it is compressed plant and animal matter.  I guess it all comes from the sun and the long loss of enziamaic processes have defouled the oil to crude....  I don't just brainstorming..

Ultimately I think awareness is the best.

Keeping it simple really awakens my ability to stay aware of what effect my food has on me.

Junk food has that ability to satiate really well and then later I pay for it aaacckkk.... its not that bad though which is why I guess it would be easy to just pass it off and keep on slowly poisoning myself lol    ???
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:17:53 PM by Undestroyer »

whadouno

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
Bookmarking - see post above

11Yogally11

• (*_*)Global Moderator(*_*)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 06:15:50 PM »
Health is a big category... but all of it stems from survival. What we need to keep our bodies living: Water and Food being at the very top.
For our minds, bodies and insides to run optimally they all need to be in good standing, and in balance with one another...  mentally, physically, etc.  I'm pretty sure once you can obtain that to a certain degree you can reach a new life-changing prespectives, due to hydratioj, self care and self-evolution though awareness. But those levels would vary from person, to person because of our own uniqueness. The human body is amazing, even if it is debilitated in some way. It is resilient and it's constantly regenerating and healing itself. It is strong and adapts to a huge range of temperature and can withstand much.. (The body's most important job being to safely transport the soul, like a vehicle...imho)
...I found this article really interesting :::
            http://m.livescience.com/34128-limits-human-survival.html

Now I know health is a concern for men and women, alike,  but as a woman.. I think that women, as a whole have a different type of bond with food than men do... having a sizable disadvantage, due to expectations that media and society put on them. Men have expectations physically and mentally as well (fellas, please dont think im suggesting otherwise, or turn this into feminist propaganda).. obviously it is something both genders have to deal with.  Not much more than the media and social pressures (as they currently stand) are needed to weaken a person's psyche and change their relationship with food,  be it man or woman. But women have these ludicrous expectations of what they SHOULD BE physically before they even hit puberty... "don't go outside without your face on" ..>Wtf! Its already on.. stop trying to make us cover it with foundation and crap <.. longer lashes, cus yours suck.. conceal your blemishes bc no one else has them... put this on your lips, bc they are meant to shine like the stars.... underlying message: you are not accepted. It's forced onto them at a very young age, even by unknowing parents and friends. 

Anyway, even if men and women have different bonds with food they all come from the same thing... some type of imbalance in mental, physical or emotional way.. mine, at the time was needing acceptance; which at the time I believed was based off of weight (we aren't all so lucky to grow up with non judgemental parents). I'm way smarter than that now  ;)

My thoughts about health are fairly unoriginal I suppose.  Most of it has been regurgitated through doctors and scientists and authors from fitness books... all of them saying how simple it is to be healthy.. but what is healthy? As a girl I remember my mom buying a refrigerator manget.. it was a scale that pointed to 120lbs.. I asked her it why the scale pointed to 120 and she said "because that's the perfect weight"
For my mom, who was born in 1950, that was her standard of health.. she knew smoking was bad (even for the day and age), but thought that as long as you weren't too far over 120 lbs you were healthy. That started something in her then, 10yr old daughter, who would have a (seemingly, at the time) lifetime struggle with food and weight. I'd grow 2 inches, gain 10lbs or whatever..(ya know, standard development) but eventually I realized that I would surpass the perfect weight and therefore be "not perfect".. which clouded my perspective on health entirely. So there I was striving for an imagined ideal of whoever created that magnet..and what ever gave them their thoughts..

Lots of things (social pressures, stress, family lol... the doctor and his ridiculous b.m.i. chart that makes us all wince) can contribute to the reasons we over-eat, binge, purge, fast, love the gym, hate the gym.... but those are all just symptoms of an underlying imbalance... so in order to have optimal health we need to worry not just about what we eat or drink, but about what we think, what we see, stress in daily lives, being allowed to care for yourself, taking the time to plan things out.. things we forget to do because we are too busy taking care of other shit.

I'm just one person presenting that one senario.. each individual has millions of those little "life-clipets" (in the memory, or stored in the subconscious) that give us thoughts, ideas, perspectives and conclusions/assumptions. And each day we change slightly, adding more stress or perks. And those build our character... which directly determine how we will think, speak and act.
My point here is that we are ever-changing, on an endless spectrum of humankind. Ideals change. People change, grow and evolve over time.
I've noticed in my own case (as well as friends who are also moms) that they struggled with weight and self esteem issues right about until they had a child... think about it though. (In most cases) You have never been more accepted by anyone else in the world, than your own offspring, when they are so fresh and new.... (and inexperienced, so they don't know any better lol) You are their life. You are 1000% accepted for yourself and loved by another human being. I struggled with ed's my whole life.. until a particular February rolled around and there she was... my child. After a few weeks (when my hormones died down lol) of course I wanted to lose the babyweight, but it was far from imperative. Maybe I was just so self-centered prior that I couldn't see straight.. that's a possibility too. But I believe it was more than than an ego problem, or being overly sensitive. I think it is that i never felt accepted by others, or couldnt accept myself. BUT in reality I should have been thinking "I accept myself and that is why others will accept me."  Maybe that's not morally correct to some, or sounds selfish in a way.. like feeding your ego off of an infants energy or something lol but it is true. I've talked about this with a few other mommy friends who had similar experiences. So my hypothesis here is that when it comes to your health... self acceptance is just as vital to the human being as food and water.

It makes sense that the better we care for our mind, body and soul the better we can, well do anything. Everyone agrees on at least that much, right?
But how to do that... there are countless diets and theories on all of those things. How to fix it.. in 7 minutes, or through a lifetime of change.

So what are we to do? Heres a start... Go check out every health, self-help and fitness book that you can find, then find time to read them all and in 22.7 years you'll understand the key to successful health, but still probably won't have it lol, so... no, don't really do that. Instead.. try this... take 10 minutes before you go to bed, sit in a dimly lit room with silence, eyes closed, back straight and literally just inhale and exhale fully and with intent... think positively or don't think at all. We are human BEINGS, not human DOINGS... so try to find time to "just be".. just be with your thoughts. Be with your SELF. Allow YOU to give yourself a compliment.

Some important things I try to remember:::

Water is needed for every living creature.
Water connects our entire planet.
Water makes up like 70% of the body....
Water makes up like 85% of the brain alone.. it also is the base of muscles and nerves...  we know drinking water is imperative to our health. Ya hear it everywhere, but like @Undestroyer said, people don't want to be told how to eat...or drink. (BTW I read the Shelton article.. I'm happy to report my own thoughts lead to an almost exact replica of his idea of a good breakfast, lunch and dinner... I should trust my own instincts more lol thanks for the share)
Which basically says that you should eat fruit in the am and carbs during the afternoon, so you can burn off the bad before bed, and protein and veggies for dinner, because the protein helps support your muscles and minerals are obviously also beneficial lol

With that being said... we "water our brains" first thing in the morning... help wake them up and fill up the gas tank, sorta speak.. it sounds mundane and obvious.. some won't even try it because they've made it up in their minds that it's just too simple to be that. But being well hydrated helps your mind and body not just function, but function well.. and well together.

So grab a thermus, fill it with water and stick it in the fridge. Make it a point to "water your brain" before you leave your house, before you make coffee, on the car ride or train to work... at some point give yourself the bare necessity of life. You deserve it.

As far as food goes.. I stick to a few basic rules..
Aside from essentially eating like the plan in Shelton's book (that @Undestroyer  mentioned earlier) we also eat what we like.
I don't mean I eat everything I think that I like ..(Bc our brains are tricksters! Lol), but the things I actually enjoy the taste of.. Sometimes I hear ice cream immediately think of the most delicious bowl I've ever had. But sometimes it's not meant to be the best bowl ever. Sometimes it's supposed to be plain chocolate, and enjoyed for what it is  ;D
* YoGaLLy *~