@11Yogally11 Just had to say, chocolate is the best bowl ever  :P
Bump!
* YoGaLLy *~

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
Re: Food and Health
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »
@11Yogally11 Thank you for the article.  Ergonomics is the course of engineering that factors in the human body into design and this article fits very nicely into that realm and for our exploration of food and health it is a really big point to make and I am astounded at the human body's ability to basically take in toxins even over an extended period of time. 

Shelton's views on the emotional mind state are only mentioned slightly in the book I reviewed but it is of course an important component as well as how much rest a person gets after they eat or if they are immediately on the go.  Shelton was quite the prolific writer.  I have read very little and I need to change that as even the single little book I have adopted has helped me so much.  When we give our body time to process stuff it helps quite a bit and he designed his advice to go along with a three meal a day diet which he stresses is not important but finds that people are so programmed with the three meal a day thing that it is hard to offer any other program that would be taken seriously.  The societal advertising, familial bonds to food, friendship and kinship relationships with our own inner workings develop into a complex regiment that can be hard to break and change.  I try to tell people that you can always get back to your old habits in a few days.  Pizza will still be there lol

I know it is hard though.  I break free all the time and look forward to getting back on track soon.

Another insight I would like to share here is actually something I would like to design a restaurant around.  The beauty of the Food combine is that when you do the opposite you can find new ways to eat food that is sooo good its evil :)

But this is the dangerous part I find myself in most of my life...  I am smart enough to know better but I do it anyway  but it can be rough on the body for sure.

It is an insight I look for, as to how things actually effect my body.  Another range of subject matter that could go with that article would be - How much of certain foods can be eaten - like that guy who lived off of McDonald's for a month

It is scary but I know that if I get my body into trouble with eating bad I can easily repair it with food combine which includes fasting.  Shelton used to run Sanitariums where he observed people back to health through food.  They were worldwide and the last remaining one is in San Antonio if it is still there but he hit tough times because someone died in his sanitarium from fasting too long on a heart condition but it was not even Shelton's or the Staff's fault as they actually told that guy to eat... 

Everyone is most unique in our mindset towards food. 
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »
@11Yogally11 Just had to say, chocolate is the best bowl ever  :P
Bump!

Chocolate's components are what make it an evil combination - sugar and milk boom so good its evil and mix in the cacao... I like mixing the hot chilies in milk chocolate like the Mayans did.    it is not as authentic as the original drinks utilizing cacao in the Americas :) but pretty good.
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »
Long video but great info. Also check out the book Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill by Udo Erasmus.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 10:15:34 PM »
It sure would not be advertised by Shelton but remember, alcohol is a refined carbohydrate.  ;)

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 01:27:38 AM »
Technically it's fermented, not refined. I'm curious, has anyone here practiced sungazing?

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 12:24:43 PM »
Technically it's fermented, not refined. I'm curious, has anyone here practiced sungazing?

Ah yes fermented is better.  I find that if I drink spirits or beer it's best to do so after eating the carb meal but no sugars.  Refined sugars with alcohol wipes me out, makes me sick and gives me a hangover.

I read about sungazing and like the principle of it and even find it believable but I have not put it into practice or really even tried it.  Have you?

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 03:10:37 PM »
I started sungazing this past Fall but did not follow through. You are supposed to increase your time by 10 seconds each day until you reach 45 minutes straight. Which takes nine months to 1 year, depending on how many cloudy/missed days you have. This year, I intend to follow through completely and will post my results.

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »

Ah yes fermented is better.  I find that if I drink spirits or beer it's best to do so after eating the carb meal but no sugars.  Refined sugars with alcohol wipes me out, makes me sick and gives me a hangover.

I read about sungazing and like the principle of it and even find it believable but I have not put it into practice or really even tried it.  Have you?

That makes sense, considering refined sugars with alcohol put a huge strain on the liver and pancreas. Wait, but that's what cocktails are made of  :-X

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »

That makes sense, considering refined sugars with alcohol put a huge strain on the liver and pancreas. Wait, but that's what cocktails are made of  :-X

Yes I know. I drink my distilled liquors straight up for the most part.  I can handle a little KaLua  but I put some blue Karakao  in a martini and it wrecked me lol

Cwtch

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 03:35:20 PM »
Long video but great info. Also check out the book Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill by Udo Erasmus.

I started eating a HFLC 2 years ago and found Peter Attia a great place to start :)

Great toptic by the way, I need to go back to the start and read it through :)
Someone say chocolate???? Lol
When all hope seems lost, it is only hope that remains.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »
I started sungazing this past Fall but did not follow through. You are supposed to increase your time by 10 seconds each day until you reach 45 minutes straight. Which takes nine months to 1 year, depending on how many cloudy/missed days you have. This year, I intend to follow through completely and will post my results.

Wow I'm interested.  With where you are now, are you able to say if the sun is sustaining you?  Also I thought it was only like 10 minutes max by increasing little by little...

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 03:51:46 PM »

I started eating a HFLC 2 years ago and found Peter Attia a great place to start :)

Great toptic by the way, I need to go back to the start and read it through :)
Someone say chocolate???? Lol

Glad to see someone else has found value in it, too. I find nutritional ketosis to be a rewarding lifestyle, albeit difficult to practice without routine planning and some culinary skill.

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »

Wow I'm interested.  With where you are now, are you able to say if the sun is sustaining you?  Also I thought it was only like 10 minutes max by increasing little by little...

According to the technique explained by Hira Ratan Manek, who went without eating for months while being monitored by reputable academics, you start at ten seconds on day 1, then increase until you reach 45 minutes. At that point, you only do it once per week, and you must discharge the energy by walking barefoot outside for an equal amount of time.

I only got up to 2 minutes and 10 seconds before I lost consistency, not nearly long enough to feel anything physically. But psychologically, the feeling of taking in direct sunlight (make sure you do it within one hour of sunrise or sunset when the UV index is below 2) makes me feel wonderful :-)