For those who may have missed it - The Enlightenment

• 48 Replies

Searching in TX

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
    • View Profile
Re: For those who may have missed it - The Enlightenment
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 12:17:22 AM »
Btw pulled into the magic kingdom yesterday..

I shit you guys not, parking space was hook 88

haha...I about moved my car, lol wife was like WTF is your damage...I just started laughing

still chuckling

I don't even know what she looks like, but I can visualize her expression, lol

Searching in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 12:28:35 AM »
I only read half of this book but it seemed to me it is just one of those "everything is an illusion, you can do anything" books.

I did not fancy it much, honestly.

It lacks...natural law. The HOW part. In a conctrete way.

I might be wrong, though.

It struck me as a gentle plea to remember what we have forgotten.

Tour Guide

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 01:35:02 AM »

Tour Guide

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 01:41:39 AM »

haha...I about moved my car, lol wife was like WTF is your damage...I just started laughing

still chuckling

Lol I can imagine her breaking down on you while you snap a photo of said space

We should create a thread on coincidences

Doobious Dimensions

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 08:43:05 AM »

still chuckling

Lol I can imagine her breaking down on you while you snap a photo of said space

We should create a thread on coincidences

haha...funny guy

FilthyBeast

• View Profile

Doobious Dimensions

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
http://www.magiccastle.com/

I knew the castle was real, I saw it on a tv show, like csi or something...thanks

mIrrOr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 03:35:04 PM »
Very interesting book. Thanks

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 12:30:27 AM »
The two main things I took away from this book: manifestation requires unadulterated certainty, and our imagination is really or own personal universe. Understanding the implications of these had fundamentally changed me.

On a side note, the pdf of this book being available for download while the printed copies are virtually impossible to obtain, if nothing else, proves how invaluable the Internet is. 

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 12:23:34 AM »
We are described in this work as eternal beings that have played games with each other throughout the stars and galaxies since the dawn of time. At the same time, our history on this planet, according to several sources, has our race having been engineered about 200K years ago. How are these reconciled?

nrgiseternal

• All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 01:22:03 AM »
We are described in this work as eternal beings that have played games with each other throughout the stars and galaxies since the dawn of time. At the same time, our history on this planet, according to several sources, has our race having been engineered about 200K years ago. How are these reconciled?

Excellent point, 200000 years ago only references humans from the fourth age of man, we are in the fifth. The weis hickman dragonlance books explain the ages and (de) evolution of mankind well albeit under the guise of "fiction" and their accounting of the gods is spot on.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 12:06:21 AM »
Anyone know anything about the author? I found this article from 1982.

"My book is a masterpiece, no other book ever written is so clear about how the physical universe is in fact just another dream,'' said D. Alan Holmes, who, decked out in a tuxedo, made the rounds of the publishers, thrusting on them copies of ''The Enlightenment: A Handbook on Illusion,'' described on a wrapper as ''the hottest book since the Bible.''

''I have an unlimited supply of wisdom,'' said Mr. Holmes, who was accompanied on his rounds by a striking young woman of Asian appearance. ''I can take all the riddles that have haunted philosophers for years and simplify them.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/06/02/books/authors-at-convention-beg-editors-to-buy-manuscripts.html

nrgiseternal

• All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 12:35:11 AM »
@Grass is Green

No question..
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 08:29:37 AM »
Re-reading this piece and something I had forgotten was the message that both CERTAINTY and CONFIDENCE are necessary for a being to manifest reality consciously and intentionally. Certainty is self-explanatory, but what is confidence?

Compare the etymology of confidence to that of faith:

confidence (n.)
    early 15c., from Middle French confidence or directly from Latin confidentia, from confidentem (nominative confidens) "firmly trusting, bold," present participle of confidere "to have full trust or reliance," from com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + fidere "to trust" (see faith). For sense of "swindle" see con (adj.).

faith (n.)
    mid-13c., faith, feith, fei, fai "faithfulness to a trust or promise; loyalty to a person; honesty, truthfulness," from Anglo-French and Old French feid, foi "faith, belief, trust, confidence; pledge" (11c.), from Latin fides "trust, faith, confidence, reliance, credence, belief," from root of fidere "to trust," from PIE root *bheidh- "to trust" (source also of Greek pistis "faith, confidence, honesty;" see bid). For sense evolution, see belief. Accomodated to other English abstract nouns in -th (truth, health, etc.).

Remember Key#1: "My name is Faith, and I am a REAL human." Certainty is one thing, but how many of us have real confidence?

Doobious Dimensions

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 09:03:43 AM »
Re-reading this piece and something I had forgotten was the message that both CERTAINTY and CONFIDENCE are necessary for a being to manifest reality consciously and intentionally. Certainty is self-explanatory, but what is confidence?

Compare the etymology of confidence to that of faith:

confidence (n.)
    early 15c., from Middle French confidence or directly from Latin confidentia, from confidentem (nominative confidens) "firmly trusting, bold," present participle of confidere "to have full trust or reliance," from com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + fidere "to trust" (see faith). For sense of "swindle" see con (adj.).

faith (n.)
    mid-13c., faith, feith, fei, fai "faithfulness to a trust or promise; loyalty to a person; honesty, truthfulness," from Anglo-French and Old French feid, foi "faith, belief, trust, confidence; pledge" (11c.), from Latin fides "trust, faith, confidence, reliance, credence, belief," from root of fidere "to trust," from PIE root *bheidh- "to trust" (source also of Greek pistis "faith, confidence, honesty;" see bid). For sense evolution, see belief. Accomodated to other English abstract nouns in -th (truth, health, etc.).

Remember Key#1: "My name is Faith, and I am a REAL human." Certainty is one thing, but how many of us have real confidence?

I always say it to myself like this...

I must be certain of my mind and confident of my actions...

People who believe in fantastic things but are not confident enough to carry them out, to see then through, are just considered whimsical or even a bit off, right?

But people who dare to think fantastical shit and then MacGyver that shit into reality are considered pioneers and trailblazers...champions of this world...

even the nastiest of these men could not be stopped...because they were in total control of reality via their gift of knowing, to be so certain and so confident in there convictions, that they changed everything on a whim...and nothing more.

sorry...babbling