For those who may have missed it - The Enlightenment

• 48 Replies

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
Re: For those who may have missed it - The Enlightenment
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 09:11:43 AM »
Re-reading this piece and something I had forgotten was the message that both CERTAINTY and CONFIDENCE are necessary for a being to manifest reality consciously and intentionally. Certainty is self-explanatory, but what is confidence?

Compare the etymology of confidence to that of faith:

confidence (n.)
    early 15c., from Middle French confidence or directly from Latin confidentia, from confidentem (nominative confidens) "firmly trusting, bold," present participle of confidere "to have full trust or reliance," from com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + fidere "to trust" (see faith). For sense of "swindle" see con (adj.).

faith (n.)
    mid-13c., faith, feith, fei, fai "faithfulness to a trust or promise; loyalty to a person; honesty, truthfulness," from Anglo-French and Old French feid, foi "faith, belief, trust, confidence; pledge" (11c.), from Latin fides "trust, faith, confidence, reliance, credence, belief," from root of fidere "to trust," from PIE root *bheidh- "to trust" (source also of Greek pistis "faith, confidence, honesty;" see bid). For sense evolution, see belief. Accomodated to other English abstract nouns in -th (truth, health, etc.).

Remember Key#1: "My name is Faith, and I am a REAL human." Certainty is one thing, but how many of us have real confidence?

Excellent!!
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Nantanlupan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »
So I just noticed something interesting in the intro tribute --

IN TRIBUTE TO:

ZEUS
GUATAMA SIDDHARTHA
JESUS CHRIST
L.RON HUBBARD

I feel like one of these is not like the others... am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:39:06 PM by Nantanlupan »
Nosce Te Ipsum

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 11:29:05 PM »

IN TRIBUTE TO:

Zeus
GUATAMA SIDDHARTHA
JESUS CHRIST
L.RON HUBBARD

I noticed that too, but had dismissed it. If only we could message the author about his choice.

Samalayuca

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017, 11:36:06 PM »

IN TRIBUTE TO:

Zeus
GUATAMA SIDDHARTHA
JESUS CHRIST
L.RON HUBBARD

Yep. I wonder why Zeus is the only name that is not written in capital letters
Soy descendiente de la raza del silencio

Nantanlupan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2017, 11:38:47 PM »
They are all capitalized, my error.
Nosce Te Ipsum

Samalayuca

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 11:47:13 PM »

Oh. Well, could it be that the author dedicates his work to characters identified as bearers of light?

If so, then there is no discrepancy.

Nantanlupan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »

Oh. Well, could it be that the author dedicates his work to characters identified as bearers of light?

Most people don't correlate scientology with illumination. Could you back your claim up with some info please?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:00:35 AM by Nantanlupan »
Nosce Te Ipsum

Samalayuca

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2017, 11:59:32 PM »

Most people correlate scientology with illumination. Could you back your claim up with some info please?

"L Ron claiming himself to be the gnostic Lucifer, or "Light Bringer" is perfectly in line with his own spiritual philosophy, which he picked up from Crowley and others".

http://www.forum.exscn.net/archive/index.php/t-22784.html?s=7e5d3b1c9e92bb69c23a464d6aeebbb2

nrgiseternal

• (*_*)Administrator(*_*)
  • All for one, and one for all
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2017, 12:03:07 AM »

Most people don't correlate scientology with illumination. Could you back your claim up with some info please?

I actually tracked down and befriended Charles wildbank, who did the illustrations for the book.

The author was good buddies with l.ron, and apparently turned him into the beliefs that shaped scientology.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Nantanlupan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2017, 12:04:35 AM »

Most people correlate scientology with illumination. Could you back your claim up with some info please?

"L Ron claiming himself to be the gnostic Lucifer, or "Light Bringer" is perfectly in line with his own spiritual philosophy, which he picked up from Crowley and others".

http://www.forum.exscn.net/archive/index.php/t-22784.html?s=7e5d3b1c9e92bb69c23a464d6aeebbb2

Does this not contradict his list directly? L Ron claiming to be the anti-christ on a list with Jesus?
Nosce Te Ipsum

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2017, 12:07:04 AM »

Does this not contradict his list directly? L Ron claiming to be the anti-christ on a list with Jesus?

Jesus said he was lucifer.

Not defending Hubbard, at all..lol

But still, it's true.
If there is any hope, it must lie in the proles..but why the proles, How are they most free to act?

Nantanlupan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2017, 12:14:52 AM »

But still, it's true.

Are you referring to the morning star reference or something else? I feel like abrahamic texts are fairly sketchy to begin with.
Nosce Te Ipsum

Grass is Green

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2017, 12:16:03 AM »

But still, it's true.

Hubbard was an agency man, no?

nrgiseternal

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2017, 01:20:09 AM »
Yes rev 22 16

Nantanlupan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2017, 01:37:03 AM »
Yes rev 22 16
Again, not particularly trusting of abrahamic texts but I believe lucifer was a mistranslated to begin with.  It directly translates to light-bringer. So lucifer would not be considered the anti-christ.
Nosce Te Ipsum