Music Music Music

• 2324 Replies

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
Re: Music Music Music
« Reply #2295 on: December 02, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »
You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 02, 2017, 05:57:19 PM »
I think I posted this before but here is a guy that knows his tones

You cannot destroy my vision when you see my vision undestroyed because I am just an undestroyer.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 02, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »
woa first techno song?

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 04, 2017, 02:08:54 AM »
1973. Saw Deep Purple concert that year in Boston.
Gas lines, Roadrunner in Richard Petty blue/white stripes got 10 miles per gallon, highway star on the radio, more testosterone than sense. Fun.
Another song that promotes careful driving.
Radar Love also released in 1973, a tough year for car tires.
All four of my Goodyear polyglass tires were worn to the cords
in eight thousand miles. Tragic. Saw Golden Earing in concert that year too, though the internet now say's they didn't perform at Boston Garden until 1978. Whatever.

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: December 05, 2017, 11:31:39 PM »
Janet Devlin stepped into the bright lights at age sixteen. She was tempted by the industry to be
someone she wasn't but she declined. She's doing ok on her own now.

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 06, 2017, 01:22:05 AM »
  Glorious by Macklemore

Iko, Iko- the Dixie Cups

Not all who wander are lost....

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: December 06, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
  Glorious by Macklemore

Iko, Iko- the Dixie Cups

I had to look up those Ico lyrics to confirm it wasn't a parody. I had no idea that song was so hostile. It 'sounds' kind of happy.
By the mid eighties my high frequency hearing was gone. killed by gunfire and jet engine noise (even covered by ear plugs and headphones, some sound is so intense it conducted through your bones).
High freqencey is where the consonances live. I can hear well, but I can't discern the subtleties in spoken language. If a teacher is standing in front of a room and reading off test answers as a-b-c-d-e they all sound the same to me. One thing I like about the internet and you tube is lyric pages and lyric
music. Usually seeing the actual words is better than not, but sometimes I prefer what my misunderstood lyrics spoke to me.

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 07, 2017, 05:16:45 PM »
Janet Devlin is the cousin of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love has claimed.
Speaking to the NME, Love said that she made the unlikely discovery that the X Factor contestant was related to her former husband during her ongoing legal battle over Nirvana's legacy.
"In all this money shit, I've had to discover exactly who the Cobains are," she said. "[Janet] is a cousin of Kurt's ancestors from County Tyrone, so in effect she's Kurt and Frances' cousin."
However, the Devlin family themselves are "completely unaware" of the connection.
Janet said: "I'm not aware of any family connection but it's pretty cool if that is the case."
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/janet-devlin-kurt-cobain-related-courtney-love
I don't own a tv but I watch some of the Talent show highlights on youtube now and then. I first saw Janet there.
The Cobain/Love meme is nothing that ever interested me except in recent research where I discovered that Love is a queen of the Kinderwhore.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kinderwhore
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/vbep4a/my-kinderwhore-education
This first item I post just for the example that it gives of the effort to make Janis somthing she's not. 0-1:30  The latter part is a song (sweet child of mine) they chose for her and is therefore clearly awkward. To X-Factors credit, they allowed this brief interview segment to be seen, at least on youtube.
This second post is the real Janet. To me it's pure magic.
I apologize for the length and depth of this post on the music thread but her story seems important to me.
Janet Devlin Lyrics
"Nothing Lost Something Found"

Who have I become,
Standing here alone
The child has gone
Never found a home
I've been dancing to a song
No one else can hear
I've been running from monsters
No one else fears

I've been dreaming six feet under my sheets
Silent screaming hiding in the streets

What have I done
Building myself up
Just to tear myself down
Where have you gone
Fighting shadows
When nobody else is around
Nothing lost nothing found
Who have you become
Chances are no one
After what you've done
You can't lie to everyone

Nothings easy when you wear you wear your heart on your sleeve
Words are pleasing but the truth is hard to believe

montecristo777

• View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 07, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »
Janet Devlin is the cousin of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love has claimed.
Speaking to the NME, Love said that she made the unlikely discovery that the X Factor contestant was related to her former husband during her ongoing legal battle over Nirvana's legacy.
"In all this money shit, I've had to discover exactly who the Cobains are," she said. "[Janet] is a cousin of Kurt's ancestors from County Tyrone, so in effect she's Kurt and Frances' cousin."
However, the Devlin family themselves are "completely unaware" of the connection.
Janet said: "I'm not aware of any family connection but it's pretty cool if that is the case."
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/janet-devlin-kurt-cobain-related-courtney-love
I don't own a tv but I watch some of the Talent show highlights on youtube now and then. I first saw Janet there.
The Cobain/Love meme is nothing that ever interested me except in recent research where I discovered that Love is a queen of the Kinderwhore.
This first item I post just for the example that it gives of the effort to make Janis somthing she's not. 0-1:30  The latter part is a song (sweet child of mine) they chose for her and is therefore clearly awkward. To X-Factors credit, they allowed this brief interview segment to be seen, at least on youtube.
I apologize for the length and depth of this post on the music thread but her story seems important to me.
Janet Devlin Lyrics

Who have I become,
Standing here alone
The child has gone
Never found a home
No one else can hear
No one else fears

What have I done
Building myself up
Just to tear myself down
Where have you gone
Fighting shadows
Who have you become
Chances are no one
After what you've done

The stuff on TV is quite off putting, the talent shows I mean, it seems quite fake to me, but I found it quite nice how she spoke the interviewers in the first video, especially the reporter from the sun paper shooting his eyes up and down left and right being slightly uncomfortable when faced with words that come from within..at least thats what i thought seeing that. The second video is completely different in a good way, the lyrics are deep..
One conspiracy surrounding cobain that interested me was the white bic lighter curse and club 27, haven't spent enough time on that one though.
And on another unrelated note, but related to music, i saw a comment on r/conspiracy saying tupac is hiding out in cuba running the killuminati soldiers of truth that mix info with disinfo.. not sure what to make of that one. his real name - Lesane Parish Crooks, maybe a crooked one?

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 08, 2017, 12:01:24 AM »
Meat
I
OHM

Them Bones

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 08, 2017, 12:48:14 AM »
Sing that song inside

Yea

Nachiketa

• In search of
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 08, 2017, 06:44:25 PM »
Ride, ride my see-saw,
Take this place
On this trip
Just for me.

Ride, take a free ride,
Take my place
Have my seat
It's for free.

I worked like a slave for years,
Sweat so hard just to end my fears.
Not to end my life a poor man,
But by now, I know I should have run.

Undestroyer

• Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 08, 2017, 10:16:48 PM »
This one kind of snuck by

Firefly369

• View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 09, 2017, 12:23:33 AM »
Janet Devlin Lyrics

Who have I become,
Standing here alone
The child has gone
Never found a home
No one else can hear
No one else fears

What have I done
Building myself up
Just to tear myself down
Where have you gone
Fighting shadows
Who have you become
Chances are no one
After what you've done

I loved that second video of hers.

I didn't bother watching the first.  I would rather see authentic people that are truly good.

I actually do better when I see lyrics too.  I am the same way with TV shows as well.   I can process what people are saying much better if I can read the words as closed captioning on the TV at the same time as the show is running.  With music, I often can understand the song better if I can see the words while the song is playing.   I have a better chance of learning the song from the fiest time around too if I do it this way.
Not all who wander are lost....

Possibles

• View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 10, 2017, 12:42:39 AM »
Saturday dance party